my ex wont let me move on

i dated a guy for 2 years, but we have been broke up now for almost two years now. he insists on us being friends. my daughter and his daughter became best friends. even after the break up his daughter still came over on the weekends. ok did i mention that we work together, but on different shifts, or shifts overlap for 30 mins. i try to avoid running into him at work, but he seems to always come looking for me, says he being friendly and speaking to me, but i could care less. he gets jealous when he sees me talking to other male co workers. the gets up set when he finds out that me and the girls from work when out to the club. he gets angry when i dont answer my phone. he and really get upsets when i tell him that i dont think i should be apart of his daughter life anymore. he has went as far as to putting me down as stepmom on her school records. he said that when he starts dating again that his new mate has to be accepting of me being in his daugher life, i told him that will never happen, because it will just be too many misunderstandings. and he said that my new mate should be accepting of that too. the bottom line is i think my ex still loves me and wants to hold on to me in some way. he not dating and he makes sure i know that, by always telling me how he spends all his weekends sitting at home. he always trying to remind me how much he wants to remain friends with me, and he always apologizing for the mistakes he made in the relationships, and tries to prove to me how much he has grown since we broke up. it seems like the more i push away, the harder he tries. i keep telling him he had his chance and im moving on to better things. but that really makes him angry. we have had yelling matches about this subject recently, but the next day he comes up to me and says he sorry and dont wont to ruin the friendship that we have. and i forgot to mention how nervous he gets around. he cant even act right when i am around, he starts sweating and soon as he sees me he has the biggest grin on his face, his supervisor tell me to stay away because the messes up on what he is doing when im around.. does it seems like my ex still loves me, and if he does why is he afraid to say so. ive never hurt him, he broke up with me, mostly because we argued all the time, and he hates arguing, but we get along 100% better as friends. any advice anyone.

i dont want to be friends, but i want to be cordial. im not mad at him, i just want to move on and i dont want him to get in the way. we work together and now matter how much i try to avoid him he is somewhere around. and he wont admit to his co workers that we broke up, he wants them to think we are still togother. he would have to do a 360 for me to even consider him again.

So tell your coworkers the truth. How hard is that?

You can be cordial with him just like any other coworker or parent of your kid's friend.

Are you sure it isn't you who is perpetuating this, to keep getting your ego stroked? I'm not trying to be rude, but what you are describing is just excuses. If you wanted him to stop, you could stop him very easily. But you haven't. Why?

Archived