Hey guys. So heres the deal. My boyfriend moved away a year ago and weve been in a long distance relationship ever since. We have been back and forth to see each other...but as of right now its been 3 months since I have seen him.

Our relationship has definitely been very rocky but he said he really wants to work things out and Im supposed to go down there in 2 weeks to work on 'us'.

My problem is that he told me he has recently become interested in another girl. He hasn't kissed her or anything but he did go to the movies with her and she cuddled up to him. He says he would rather fix our relationship than try things out with this new girl....and I want that too. I know that what he did is small...but it hurts ...A LOT. How do I forgive and move on so we can work things out?

Any advice is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Unfortunately this is how long distance relationships can go. It's a known fact that 90% of these fail. At times, we emotionally and physically become lonely and reach out for something that will fulfill this feeling. So although he may still love you and want to be with you, you two aren't together and it's common to find it somewhere else without even trying. If it's meant to be, it will..however, long distance relationships take 1,000,000 more times the work than a normal one and it's hard to do that when you're so far apart.

There is nothing small about what he did. He cheated on you! Honestly, I don't think this relationship is worth fixing, and I doubt that with all that's already stacked against you with the distance and all that you'll even be able to. My advice is to move on. I'm so sorry.

Archived