Moving into my new apartment today... bitter sweet moment

I dont know if any of you remember me but when my boyfriend and I broke up, he decided he was gonna stay in the apartment we shared, and I left the day before valentines. Well today I moved into my new apartment and I thought, wow, that was fast! I feel catapulted into a totally new situation. While Im happy to have a new start, Its kind of sad though.. I've never lived alone alone. I was thinking about my ex so much today because stupid me broke NC and hung out with him yesterday. We had ex sex He cooked for me and we smoked and he said "yay Im happy again". Then he texted me this morning saying "your body is beyond the most beautiful thing on this planet."

It doesnt though matter cause its over. its over its over its over and I just have to constantly remind myself. Im just scared about living on my own, its a huge step and I was suffering so much at the time I didnt think it all the way through. Does anyone remember their first time living alone? and how did you get along?

First of all, you made a huge step and major progress just getting a new apartment on your own. So you can feel good about that. It really is a huge thing.

Since I was 20, I have always had shared apartments with roomates. For financial reasons. In May of last year, I just moved into my own 1 bedroom apartment on my own, i'm 32 now. It's the best feeling in the world and at times, the scariest. Gauranteed you will gain so much confidence and independance.

Just keep yourself busy. Remember that you are the only one in charge of your apartment. To keep occupied, clean, cook for yourself, lay on the couch and watch tv whenever you want. It's your place on your time now!

Although I've lived alone for years, I haven't in some time and for the last month (since the break-up) I've had to try and readjust all over again. It's not easy, but once you adjust you will enjoy it. You will know that you can find things exactly how you left them, no waiting for the washroom if you were ever in a smaller place with just one, no cleaning up after anyone else, etc.

Just try to enjoy decorating to your own tastes and once you are settled, invite people over to visit and keep busy. You can start a project like painting, putting up pictures or shelves, etc. to make it all your own.

I am jealous that you have a totally new start in your own place. I own my own place, but this is the place that my ex and I shared and I'm haunted with memories of her. I plan to redecorate myself and move furniture around to make it more my own.

Good luck!

hi, blitzkrieged (did i get that right??),

i know exactly how you feel...i moved into my own apartment for the first time in my life after living with my boyfriend for 2 years, and dating for 5. it is extremely scary, there are moments of loneliness and where you feel like you're in bizarroword. however, there are also moments like the previous posters said where you feel such independence, you can do whatever you want, you can put things where you want, decorate how you want, play the music and watch the tv YOU want. i'm not saying it won't by scary and at times extremely lonely because i deal with that a lot - it's only been a couple of months - however, i already feel myself becoming so much more independent and learning even more of who i am (i thought i already knew), so i know this is just where i'm supposed to be for the time being.

recently i had text/email contact with my ex about a few things and its been really relaly har...so i know what you're feeling. also, it was beyond difficult and so surreal for the month where i lived in our apartment without him but with all of his stuff and his dog, whom i now miss terribly. my point is, moving to your own place, making it your own is the first step to healing. do whatever you can to make it a comfortable and cozy little place for you to come home to! i promise that will help. best of luck to you....

Archived