We met up

I agree with Darcy. You are getting yourself wrapped up in being her doormat again. I think it would be a blessing in disguise if she actually did stop talking to you because of those posts (but she won't, because she loves getting to kick you around like a pathetic puppy too much).

You think so? She wrote back and told me how desperate the rebound guy was...that she wanted to see me again soon but doesn't know when, etc.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well, live and learn. Just give her some space for a while and see how things go down the road.

By the way, I don't think this was really a bad thing. You had a girl who wasn't really all that reliable possibly stringing you along. You both need a little independence to perhaps mature a bit. Good luck.

Well. honestly...would you say that getting back with her would just be a bad idea in genral after what happened initially? I will admit, right now Im just sitting here thinking about all the bad things that happened last summer...the lying, the mainpulating, the things she said to me, etc.

Im just sitting here thinking about all the bad things that happened last summer...the lying, the mainpulating, the things she said to me, etc.

The question is how can you trust someone who can look you in the face and lie over and over again? What does that say about her feelings for you?

The question is how can you trust someone who can look you in the face and lie over and over again? What does that say about her feelings for you?

Well, she just lied a few times. Basically the reason why we broke up and lied when I asked her if she was seeing someone else. She later justified this by saying she felt she had to do it because I am sensitive. I dont know...she was so sweet and then this. She tells me now that she knows she did me wrong but hell after she read those posts maybe she is glad she did me wrong.

How are things going with that other girl you were thinking of asking out on facebook? It seems like you keep going in circles with this girl so I think the best thing you can do is try to focus on other girls.

I haven't talked to her. She is on a vacation in another country right now...so I figured I should just leave her alone. I left a nice little comment on one of her new pics but that was it.

And the other girl I met that I actually am really attracted to as well is 17. Yes go ahead and judge me. She will be 18 in about 3 weeks. I have not done anything with her but she talks to me on facebook...wants my band to play her graduation party. She seems very mature for her age...but yeah I don't know. I just know that I'm atleast capable of finding other girls more attractive...atleast on a physical level. I like talking to them as well, but my ex was so uniqe...can't get over it sometimes.

So I talked to my ex and in an email she basically found with the rebound guy that he was more outgoing, competitive, and more cocky than me. Where as I was more quiet, less competitive, and sometimes very humble. Ok...I got pissed because I told her that it sounds like she is trying to find someone to complete her and you don't just get with someone to see what they can offer you . Am I right here?

So I talked to my ex and in an email she basically found with the rebound guy that he was more outgoing, competitive, and more cocky than me. Where as I was more quiet, less competitive, and sometimes very humble. Ok...I got pissed because I told her that it sounds like she is trying to find someone to complete her and you don't just get with someone to see what they can offer you . Am I right here?

I actually think those are very good reasons to get with someone.

But the point is there is no objective standard, let alone one decided by you, for why she would get with someone. She has her reasons, you may have yours. Perhaps you just have different values.

I got really depressed tonight and I wrote her a message basically saying that its too bad I wasn't enough for her at times and that what happened to us suckl because I truly believe we had something special. I dont think I'll click like that with anyone else. Told her that I am tired of embarassing myself, tired of coming back to uncertainty and that I will now be leaving her alone for good.

I got really depressed tonight and I wrote her a message basically saying that its too bad I wasn't enough for her at times and that what happened to us suckl because I truly believe we had something special. I dont think I'll click like that with anyone else. Told her that I am tired of embarassing myself, tired of coming back to uncertainty and that I will now be leaving her alone for good.

Good. Sounds like you've said what you needed to say to her. And every time you talk to her you keep going in circles anyway. I remember you having the same stupid conversations with her about that rebound guy months ago. It hasn't gone anywhere good.

I'm certain that she will try to get you to keep talking to her, but trust me that you really should not keep trying to talk to her. It's time to focus on other girls.

Good. Sounds like you've said what you needed to say to her. And every time you talk to her you keep going in circles anyway. I remember you having the same stupid conversations with her about that rebound guy months ago. It hasn't gone anywhere good.

I'm certain that she will try to get you to keep talking to her, but trust me that you really should not keep trying to talk to her. It's time to focus on other girls.

Yeah, well I told her I have made some bad choices lately as well, but did not really say what they were (them talking to her and putting all my energy into something that is uncertain). She replied and wanted to know. Then said she would never forget me but our status is uncertain at this time. She definitely wants a response though but I feel like if I give her one then it will just continue and continue. I can't go on like this anymore though. I think I was really in denial for along time about everything. Before I sent her the message I saw pics of the girl I do like with who I am guessing is her bf. Everyone seems to be happy and with someone these days and I'm alone. I'm usually ok with this but I don't know...tonight something struck a chord with me. I guess it's because I thought this girl I like was a really strong independent type and she just seemed so different...now I find out that even she has someone. Finally have become aware of my emotions...put my heaphones on and listened to some deftones and just decided to let go of everything.

I blocked her on myspace, deleted all of her messages, etc. She is and has been blocked from facebook for a while. Very sad. My friend told me 4 years is a long time and it will probably take me a long time to get over her, esepcially since I loved her so much.

I think that's true. It will take time to really get over it, but you've already started to move on. You are a lot stronger now than you were when this all started.

Archived