He just disappeared?

queencole

Two weeks ago I ran into an acquaintance's ex and we hit it off. I had always liked him when she had dated him. They had only dated for 2 months back in the fall and she had dumped him for another guy. She is more of a game player and date multiple guys at the same time person. She likes playing the game, whereas I look more for stability. I'm more of a date one person at a time and be open and honest person. (This may or may not be relevant).

Anyway, he and I hung out that night and ended up messing around. We slept in the same bed and he held me all night and told me he would treat me right. He told me that he really liked me and asked me if I really liked him. I told him yes. We had a lot of fun and our personalities really mesh well. He seemed so genuine, and he genuinely seemed to like me. We live an hour and a half apart though, so after that night we couldn't see each other during the week. Last weekend he had a prior work commitment so he asked me if I would like for him to come visit me this weekend. I said sure, and he sounded excited.

All last week and this week he texted me every day telling me good morning and then asking how my day was going. I confirm Thursday that he's coming down. Friday he says something came up and he can't make it, but that he is still coming Saturday. All day Saturday his phone was turned off. I sent him 2 text messages, essentially saying that if he didn't want to see me he could have just told me; I would have made other plans. He has since turned his phone on and received the messages but has not contacted me to offer any apologies or explanation.

I really thought he was a stand-up, honest, decent guy. Why not just cancel or tell me he met someone else? Why treat me that way? He has to know we'll see each other around eventually. Do you think the distance played a role? Or maybe I was too nice and he missed the game-playing?

welcome to enotalone.

maybe this is why she dumped him??

i don't know what happened. if you said something that put him off, or he wasn't genuine in the first place. who knows? oh well. at least you found out sooner rather than later that he's not the guy for you, so i would move on quickly.

PS - $5 says he's dating another woman, and that's who he blew you off for.

I think the whole sleeping in the bed situation might have had something to do with it. He might just be looking at you as a hook-up nothing more. Did he take you out on any dates?

Agreed. Be careful of who you sleep with ... why sleep with a guy when you aren't committed to him. Sounds like an open door for heartache to me. (Sleep in this case alluding only to hooking up).

I can't help the feeling that he's seeing someone else and doesn't know how to tell you, hence he "disappeared". Guilty conscience maybe?

yes, i agree. maybe reconnected with an ex or met a girl the next day he clicked even better with!!!

welcome to enotalone.

maybe this is why she dumped him??

i don't know what happened. if you said something that put him off, or he wasn't genuine in the first place. who knows? oh well. at least you found out sooner rather than later that he's not the guy for you, so i would move on quickly.

PS - $5 says he's dating another woman, and that's who he blew you off for.

Yup, I agree. I'd bet $10.00.

Whatever his reason, its his business. The Friday cancellation at least was done right even though canceling at the last minute sucks. Now getting completely blown off for Saturday was rude, not cool at all. It sounds like whatever he really canceled on you for Friday lasted throughout Saturday to the point he completely decided it wasn't worth it to him to contact you. My bet is that it had to be another woman!

Archived