Meetup.com?

As another step in my healing process of a breakup that happened around 8 months ago, I have decided to finally start going out and meeting new people and do activities. From what I gather link removed is a good way of going about doing this. Have any of you here joined any Meetup groups and How was it?

Thanks.

As another step in my healing process of a breakup that happened around 8 months ago, I have decided to finally start going out and meeting new people and do activities. From what I gather link removed is a good way of going about doing this. Have any of you here joined any Meetup groups and How was it?

Thanks.

I joined and went to one event but it was a large meet up and I only got introduced to one older gentleman. I was a bit disappointed but I am sure that there are a lot of good meet up groups out there

I have and it is an excellent way to connect with people who share like interests.

Meetup is not intended to meet someone of the opposite sex although meeting someone might be a benefit. Rather its a way to connect with like minded people.

There are all kinds of meetups from poltical groups, to those that get together for activities like hiking and exercise.

If you can't find something that appeals to you, you can always start your own meetup. I think organizing your own would be a great way to focus and direct your energies in a positive way.

I have and it is an excellent way to connect with people who share like interests.

Meetup is not intended to meet someone of the opposite sex although meeting someone might be a benefit. Rather its a way to connect with like minded people.

There are all kinds of meetups from poltical groups, to those that get together for activities like hiking and exercise.

If you can't find something that appeals to you, you can always start your own meetup. I think organizing your own would be a great way to focus and direct your energies in a positive way.

I didn't mean to imply that I was going there to meet other singles. I just thought that it would be a smaller group and that we would all be introduced to each other and have a chance to socialize

I'm at the same point, 8months. I joined a bunch of meetup clubs months and months ago but never went. Just haven't felt social if you know what I mean. I have finally gone to one and it was okay. I had fun and the people were nice enough. It felt weird being there solo. Anyhoo, if you can find things you like to do or want to try, I think it's an excellent way of doing that. It helps if you're in large city, my old tiny town had very few meetups. Give it a shot!

I didn't mean to imply that I was going there to meet other singles. I just thought that it would be a smaller group and that we would all be introduced to each other and have a chance to socialize

There are some meetups that are just too large. The movie meetups and dinner meetups tend to attract a lot of people so that it becomes difficult to really talk to people and connect.

i am very interested in link removed, but there are just not many in my area. I'm not even looking for "singles" groups or anything like that, just some with similar hobbies/interests.

There is a singles group that is about 40 minutes away, but they meet at bars and I dont drink. There is a 30+ single group in my city that does other stuff, but I am only 24. The other groups in my area are for "divorce support", "pain management" and a mom/baby playgroup.

I know I can start my own... but.. I'm just not really the type to do that. I would be really interested in doing meetups and think it would be great for me to get back out there and meet some people, but theres just not many in my area. It's too bad.

milkandhoney,

Look for classes in your area, things that you haven't done and would like to try. My local parks and rec has all kinds of things from photography to pottery to scrapbooking, yoga, and dance.

I am signing up for some Hot yoga classes tomorrow. I'm also looking into taking salsa or latin dance lessons.

thanks uc,

I have looked into activities offered by the park and rec in my town but there really isn't much. My town is pretty small though, so I think I will look in the neighboring city which is about 20 minutes away and see what I can find. I also think I will try to do get into some volunteering. I dont if I will meet too many people doing that, but I think it will be good to get out into the community a bit more.

I go to meetup groups because there are workshops in areas of interest to me that might not otherwise happen. I've had some good experiences. People tend to be really friendly. You know you share these interests and are going out of your way to participate.

Archived