Strange, strange turn of events

hopelessincan

Very strange indeed.

So most of you know my story. A little over four months since my break up.

I still love him deeply and would do anything to have him back in my arms.

However, theres a slight twist to my story!

I have a certain ex boyfriend. My second long term, and probably the first man I actually loved. Well its been 17 years. Over the years we would contact each other periodically and it was no surprise that there was still chemistry. Other than once last year when I saw him, it had probably been around ten years since we had seen each other.

Well over the last year and a half or so, we have been talking on fb here and there. Although over the last month or two, contact has been a lot more frequent.

We spent the other night talking for over 10 hours - crazy huh. 5 of it was on the phone. We talked about everything. To the point that he asked when I was moving to his city so we could get married. (a joke yes, but theres some truth to it i think - he really believes we are back in each others lives for a reason). Anyhow it was a pretty intense conversation.

I am going to visit him in a couple of weeks for a few days. He lives 3 hours away.....

So goes to show you, you never know what can happen!

There isn't just one person that is a good fit for us, I think that is an important point to make. See what comes of this guy coming back into your life. Shows that he still thinks about you a fair bit and that he still holds a place in his heart for you (even if it's not in a romantic sense!) to make the effort to get in touch after all these years. Good for you! Hope that whatever happens, you're happy with the outcome.

Not to be a buzzkill...

Should you really be seeing someone else if you know you're not at all over your (immediate) ex? It just seems dangerous ground to start something with him if you know that you would run flying at an opportunity.

Examine your heart, motivation and intentions. Wishing that everything works out happily, but watch out how you deal with other people's feelings.

Not to be a buzzkill...

Should you really be seeing someone else if you know you're not at all over your (immediate) ex? It just seems dangerous ground to start something with him if you know that you would run flying at an opportunity.

Examine your heart, motivation and intentions. Wishing that everything works out happily, but watch out how you deal with other people's feelings.

Not sure about that in this instance... sometimes its takes a big step in the other direction to find out the truth about your feelings.

Enjoy it. Be authentic and you cant really go wrong.

thanks all for the encouragement. Agreed that its not fair to get involved with someone knowing I love the ex. However, I dont see anything wrong with dating if you are honest and upfront. I have been out on a few dates over the last little while, but been very honest with where my head is at. Anyone I have gone out with knows full well that i am not interested in anything serious.

With the old ex however, this is more to spend some time together and see what if anything could develop again. He lives very far away so its not like we would be jumping into anything.

I think for both of us we want to see if what we think is still there actually is....

Its very interesting to hear that he has thought of me all these years, as i have of him....

He also knows the history with my current ex since we've been talking on and off for a year....

Archived