Tried losing virginity but decided not to.

MD Geist

Over the last couple of years I have realised I could have had sex manytimes before with people I had little or no interest in but why didn't I take the oppertunty?. It would make no sense at all to say to a girl "I have never had a girlfriend or a relationship" but i'm not a virgin either that alone will make my life more complicated. She would see more redflags talking to a guy like me than a player probably.

If there is anything I have learned that is its better to be conserevative when your a virgin later in life than to be aggressive and try and lose it to next girl or guy who's willing to give it up to you. Your better off remaining a virgin than becoming a non virgin who's never had a relationship with the opposite sex. Keep in mind the first person you sleep with you'll always remember them so make sure its a good one. Be picky if you have to.

I have decided to remain this way because of my lack of relationship experience, I really want to make that connection with someone before I make that connection with someone sexually. Although I will probably never get respect or understanding in return from the opposite sex if I ever find a woman who likes a challenge at least i can say I have the control to stop certain situations and prevent future problems.

Most others I don't know have made bad choices in their past sexually and are paying for it today.

I guess I'm not considered a man because I'm not sexual like most other people my age are.

I guess I'm not considered a man because I'm not sexual like most other people my age are.

Lol. I think you are. I completely respect that. Honestly, I think it's pathetic for guys to try and lose it with any woman they can.

I've seen my guy friends shrug off drunk women at parties and gatherings. I think that's amazing and am luckily dating a guy like that. It shows you have respect for yourself and have similar views of sex and relationships as me.

I've watched my guy friends going from being sad about never having a girlfriend to so unbelievably happy that they waited for the right girl.

Sounds like you are getting to a place where you are learning to accept yourself and know yourself, and willing to wait until you find what you are looking for.

That is respect worthy, IMO. It takes some heart to stand up to the world and be who you choose to be.

Now you'll be all set for when the right girl does show up in your life.

Now you'll be all set for when the right girl does show up in your life.

Finding a girl who will not freakout and give the once over is the hardpart.

I agree that you should wait to have sex with someone you are committed and in a relationship with. Otherwise it's rather meaningless.

It makes no sense to never have a girlfriend and to also not be a virgin at the same time. It will cause more issues with me than I currently have.

I'm personally glad I had plenty of sex as a teenager so I was better prepared in the bedroom to please the girlfriend I have now. Not saying guys should try and bang the first thing coming their way, thats how you catch an std. All of my younger sex was with girlfriends. But it would suck meeting the "right one" and totally sucking in bed.

I've seen my guy friends shrug off drunk women at parties and gatherings.

They should, because those women aren't thinking correctly, and that is a little like rape to me.

It shows you have respect for yourself and have similar views of sex and relationships as me.

Having sex with people doesn't mean you have a lack of self respect.

But it would suck meeting the "right one" and totally sucking in bed.

Or you could have fun learning how to have sex with "the right one", because if they're "the right one", they'll be willing to work through it with you.

Pros and cons to both sides.

Besides, sex is pretty intuitive so I don't think it's that big of a deal to begin with.

She's not saying its out of lack of self respect. It depends on why your having sex that would bring up the self respect part.

I'm personally glad I had plenty of sex as a teenager so I was better prepared in the bedroom to please the girlfriend I have now. Not saying guys should try and bang the first thing coming their way, thats how you catch an std. All of my younger sex was with girlfriends. But it would suck meeting the "right one" and totally sucking in bed.

Its different when you didn't have sex in your teens. You'd better pray that you meet someone who doesn't care about sex as much.

They should, because those women aren't thinking correctly, and that is a little like rape to me.

Having sex with anyone offering just to "get it over with' is a lack of self respect in my book. You should at least like them rather than be out to bang anyone who comes along.

Having sex with anyone offering just to "get it over with' is a lack of self respect in my book. You should at least like them rather than be out to bang anyone who comes along.

If two people want to have sex and they're okay with the partner they choose, that's their business. And there's nothing wrong with just wanting to get it over with. Sex is only as meaningful as you want it to be.

It's like a walk in the park. It's either a romantic afternoon with your boyfriend/girlfriend, or it's a shortcut to the bus stop.

She's not saying its out of lack of self respect. It depends on why your having sex that would bring up the self respect part.

Having sex to have sex is a pretty good reason to have sex.

It has nothing to do with self respect.

Having sex with someone that is offering means that they want to have sex with you, which would be my main qualification for having sex with a girl.

It isn't a lack of self respect at all, nor does it mean someone needs to bang everyone that comes along.

Archived