my ex and i have been broken up for a little over three weeks now. I am not proud to say that I have asked him to meet up with me a couple times and we have. It just made things harder. When we were sitting there, everything felt perfect. We would laugh and talk. Last night we met up and I saw no love in his eyes. He seemed like a different person. Like all the sensitivity was gone. I also have been talking to a guy friend that I have had a thing for the last two years. He is also going through a break up but his isn't as final as mine. I dont know what im doing wrong with that one. He used to flirt and now it seems like he has no interest in me. The situations with both of these guys has made me extremely insecure and lonely.

Help!

It sucks that the two happened together. But please don't read too much into them or try to correlate them.

It must hurt a lot to know that an ex no longer feels the same way. I've seen that look before. Stop torturing yourself and go no contact right away.

Regarding your guy friend, don't take it personally. He was going through a break up so the flirting is a rebound behavior as is yours most probably. But if his break up isn't very final and there's a chance for reconciliation, then he will naturally focus on that. It says NOTHING about you and has everything to do with him and dealing with his break up.

I know it may feel familiar to be around your ex and your guy friend, but you really need to avoid them and any guys that are in complicated situations. You need to force yourself to go out and meet some new people in light, fun environments. You know you are amazing..you just need to let the guys that don't have baggage remind you.

Hugs!

i had plans with that guy and he pretty much is ditching me again. i feel like i have been really bad with guys ever since my break up i am throwing myself at guys i dont even like and texting my ex when i dont even want to talk to him! whats wrong with me?

Feeling lonely? This is when certain friends are invaluable. You just want someone to be around until you feel comfortable again being by yourself. You just want someone to listen to you. It can be even better if they can talk about something that can hold your attention.

If your local friends aren't good for this (even the best of friends can fail in this regard) just pour your heart out to us. Sometimes just thinking of what I would post on here was enough to get me through difficult times. I had one of those moments this morning.

And do yourself a favor, delete your ex's # from your phone! Write it down and save it somewhere, but it will keep you from texting him

Archived