The never ending love story

IGlareOften

To make a long story into the reader's digest version. After two years of being broken up...I am speaking with my ex-fiance again. We agreed to be friends and both expressed a disinterest in going back into our pattern of fighting, etc etc. It's only been a few days, but heas been really awesome. We've been gellin' like felons. HA.

Today, I texted him a really lame and funny joke. He said.."Funny. Sorry, I can't talk now. I'm on my way to a funeral." I said something to the affect of..."Oh, I'm sorry to bother you." He said..."You know I didn't mean it that way. I'll talk to you later, k?" I hate to be the typical girl and read into that..but that was very sweet. I felt that it was him making sure I didn't get my feelings hurt or get mad. IT's a step in the right direction. I don't want to get my hopes up...but I think we could actually get along and be friends.

Guys, you know better than I do. Did I read into that text? Or was he actually trying to smooth my feathers and make sure I wasn't hurt?

Archived