My boyfriend has told another girl he thinks she's beautiful, it's not the first time either. Over the past 4 1/2 years he has told 6 different girls he wants to be with them, among other things. I don't know what to do, I'm only 18 (almost 19) and if I break up with him I have no where to go. I'm working a min wage job, trying to go to college, I cannot live with my mother, my father has passed away, and all of my family lives away from where my life is now. I feel like I have no options. What should I do?

My boyfriend has told another girl he thinks she's beautiful, it's not the first time either. Over the past 4 1/2 years he has told 6 different girls he wants to be with them, among other things. I don't know what to do, I'm only 18 (almost 19) and if I break up with him I have no where to go. I'm working a min wage job, trying to go to college, I cannot live with my mother, my father has passed away, and all of my family lives away from where my life is now. I feel like I have no options. What should I do?

So i take it you live with you boyfriend?

Well you obviously dont want to be with your boyfriend anymore because you have thought of other options of were to go. You dont need to feel stuck. You are young and have a whole life ahead of you. Have you confronted your boyfriend about what hes said to other girls? How did you find out these things?

Well you need to think about what is more important to you right now. Do you really want to be with someone who is going to continue to lie and be untruthful to you? You have options, i promise. You just need to get creative. You said that family lives out of state. Would it be that bad moving out of state and started a new life?

What about friends? I'm sure that could be a temporary situation until you find a better job making more money?

Why arent you able to live with your mom if you dont mind me asking?

Well don't make any rash decisions until you have a plan. In the meantime, talk to other family members or friends and find somewhere else that you can go. Save your money and possibly look for another job if you will be moving.

Also, it seems as if you are done with your boyfriend. But if this is NOT the case, you need to talk to him about it. Ask him why is continuing to do it. Maybe he also feels stuck?

i would go to your college financial aid center and see what they can help you work out. they might be able to help you find a job on campus, as well as campus housing. perhaps you qualify for financial aid, and perhaps some grants and scholarships. i would apply to as many scholarships as you can. doesn't have to be big ones either - $500 here and there helps as well.

Archived