I gotta admit i feel awkward whining to people I don't know but here it goes.

Ive been feeling unbelievably lonely lately to the point where its making me incredibly depressed.

Im slowly beginning to lose my self esteem and Im really starting to feel like this is just how my life is going to go. I have friends and a great family but for some reason I just cant stave off this feeling of crushing loneliness. Im in the middle of switching my major for school and it seems like everyone around me is busy while Im stuck muddling around. I want to be with my friends but I also feel like Im intruding on their lives(though nobody's ever said that). As I get more lonely i find Im getting more withdrawn and less willing to go out and meet new people.

I also feel really uncomfortable letting people know how I feel because Im worried they'll see me as a charity case. Im also terrified by the fact that as I keep shutting down people will just move on and the group of people I know will just continue to evaporate.

I realize this sounds like a rant but if anybody else has felt like this PLEASE tell me how I can stop it. I hate feeling like this.

I feel lonely all the time because my social phobia prevents me from being an outgoing, talkative person..and since no one ever talks to the introvert in the class I haven't had a true friend in years so I understand how you feel. Even my net "friends" don't talk to me anymore..so what I usually do is distract myself with something I love and I don't think about my loneliness for a while. Maybe that'll work for you..it's worth a try.

hey Mr.Stranger, i'm feeling like you for the past few months now. the above poster siad to distract self, but you know what, it doesn't help for me. I just feel everything is a dread. didn't want to do anything except my routines. Even now, for my routines, it has come to a point where i wish i can just sleep and dream and don't ever wake up.

Sorry if I gave the wrong impression, I do have a very solid group of friends. Its just that for some reason that isnt enough to make me feel better. No offense to anyone, but I don't want to commiserate, that isn't going to help me or anybody else. I'm just looking for some advice as to how I can ditch this feeling and just be happy.

Archived