How long before making important decisions

My bf broke up with me 3 months ago and I have been struggling with what to do. I live in my current city because I moved here when I got married because my ex husband had children and it was just easier to do so. But after we split up he moved away and while I do have some friends here, I feel like I don't really belong here.

I was thinking today about moving back to the city where I grew up which is about 30 minutes away by car. But the problem with that is that while there is more to do as far as entertainment, shopping, etc, I don't know anyone there any more and I would be alone most of the time.

So which is better - live in a town that I feel is just okay to live in but be closer to the few friends I have or move back to my hometown and just try to join activities where I will meet new people?

I am also worried that the reason I want to move back is because of nostalgia from growing up there but my parents have moved away and I have no other family or friends in that area (except for one uncle). Will it be painful to move away from what I am now comfortable with (even though there isn't much to do when my friends aren't available) and risk that once I am back there that I will feel let down because it's not like it used to be?

How long should I wait before making a big decision like this? I own my current home so it's not as simple as just changing apartments? I want to be sure in my decision before making it.

I too have thought about making a move as well, but not sure now is the right time since coming out of my long term relationship. I guess my advice would be - if you are not sure about moving, now is probably not the right time. That is what I am telling myself anyway. Until I really want it and feel sure of the decision, I am going to stay put because part of it could just be our wacky feelings at this point!

Dont rush in too fast, right now its a pretty bad time to make big decisions.

What you can do is, you can take some time off and to go there just to explorer the place, it would help you to understand what kind of bond you have to this place, and if its a really place for you to live, and in addition it would help you with healing after the break up.

Archived