Teeth Whitening

Yesterday wen't to the dentist to get my teeth cleaned. Asked the what can i do to get my teeth whitened. Well turns out bleaching is out since i got filling in most of my front teeth so it will back fire and leave an ugly brownish colour. Other opition is to get crowns which would be about $1000 per tooth and i would need 6 done and since i'm young my gums would reced so i would need to do it again.

Now the place that i go to seems to have old school technology and i know other places have this zoom were its like laser whitening, i could be wrong just seen it off to the side and saw a pic of how it works.

So is there away to whiten my teeth even with the white fillings ? oh and i've tried the crest white strips and that didn't work mainly cause it hit a nerv and stung like a mofo. Thanks

If you have fillings in your front teeth and you want whitening then the only real option is to have the whitening, then have your fillings replaced to match.

The whitening shouldn't discolour the fillings, but on the same note it also won't whiten them - bleaching only works on natural tooth material, not anything like crowns, fillings etc. So you could have Zoom, but you would still have fillings that are a different colour to your teeth once they've been whitened. You'd want to look at the cost of having them replaced.

As for crowns - did you definitely mean crowns or is it veneers? It seems odd that a dentist might consider crowning perfectly good teeth to produce a whiter effect - they might have been talking about a veneer, which is more like a false nail for your tooth, but is less reliable.

Thanks guys answerd some question still confused.

Looked abit into the zoom, they take your teeth from yellow to glow in the dark white, but yeah i also read a horror story from a women from her and husband they both had it done and it stung. So i'll keep looking.

HouseKitten - about the growns i dunno they said they would have to grind the teeth down and put fakes in.

HouseKitten - about the growns i dunno they said they would have to grind the teeth down and put fakes in.

Ouch! Yeah that sounds like crowns. I'm surprised they'd do it, it's a bit drastic just to make them whiter.

The Zoom can make your teeth more sensitive. All teeth whitening can but Zoom is worse because it's concentrated in one go rather than spread out like the home kits. If you already have sensitive teeth, it might be too much. Some people handle it better than others. We've had patients have to stop halfway through before, but some are completely fine with it.

If you don't already have sensitivity then you might be okay

Ouch! Yeah that sounds like crowns. I'm surprised they'd do it, it's a bit drastic just to make them whiter.

The Zoom can make your teeth more sensitive. All teeth whitening can but Zoom is worse because it's concentrated in one go rather than spread out like the home kits. If you already have sensitive teeth, it might be too much. Some people handle it better than others. We've had patients have to stop halfway through before, but some are completely fine with it.

If you don't already have sensitivity then you might be okay

Well i'm effed casue my teeeth are very sensitive. Can they put you to sleep while you do the laser zoom thing ? and does it sting later on ?

No I mean I think he's being humorous, tippex is like white liquid that you use to erase a word or something when you make a mistake with something written in ink on paper. It's not actually for tooth whitening at all, it just happens to be a white liquid that dries when you apply it to something

Like saying you'll use felt tip pens to colour your nails.

Archived