10 Dating tips for Men!

Bergamot

While I agree with asking questions, smiling, good posture, listening, not pawing, and saying goodnight...this was obviously written by a woman who thinks it's funny to belittle men like they are dogs.

Yea, but I do not think she deliberately wanted to insult men.

I think it is a good article.

Be yourself, be respectful, be kind, be considerate, be patient. If you're already demonstrating these qualities, then it's a question of whether or not your date sees getting to you know more as a definite possibility. I think you should use your own common sense when it comes to any kind of "rules".

Realize that you can do everything right on a date and still get it wrong. Sometimes, depending on the person and/or circumstances it's just not meant for you to win. I think the bigger issue is getting people not to take that so personally.

This is a good piece of advice.

Got to roll with the punches. If it wasn't meant to be, it wasn't mean to be.

Yeah.

I really have to say that I disagree with the fact that women only like kittens, flowers, and cupcakes.

I'd rather talk about sports on a first date. Or doing something fun like kayaking or something.

And not that I hate kittens, but I could live without them. Give me a lab puppy or a German short-haired pointer, and I'd be just dandy.

I dont think that the article can be taken too seriously, it is obviously written for the purpose of entertainment rather than being informative. I think that this article presents information from the author's point of view but every girl is different.

I think it is informative. Most of what is written is what women in general want right? I mean I do not know of any woman that would love it if a guy takes her out on a date without any specific plans... nor would they like it if a guy asks her out and expects her to pay for the date... etc etc...

I think it is informative. Most of what is written is what women in general want right? I mean I do not know of any woman that would love it if a guy takes her out on a date without any specific plans... nor would they like it if a guy asks her out and expects her to pay for the date... etc etc...

Is it informative?

I don't think "listen", "ask questions", and "be confident" are all that big of news.

I think men want that just as much.

Some girls like to make decisions. Paying is a nice gesture. But I think the tone of the article makes it sound more demanding than it really is. And a little too general.

It was kinda funny, though.

Articles that have very little substance like this just goes to show one thing: when it comes to behavior, women should stick to giving advice to women, and men should stick to giving advice to men. Neither sex should pretend like they can explain the differences in our brains.

Ask a guy who is successful with dating women what he does instead of asking a woman what she wants, and you will get much more valuable information. I guess that doesn't include everything: you should still probably ask a woman for stylish tips and stuff like that, but as far as behavior goes, take advice from your own kind.

It reminds me of a quote from Sigmund Freud, which I'll leave you with: The great question that has never been answered, and which I have not yet been able to answer, despite my thirty years of research into the feminine soul, is "What does a woman want?"

uh...I didn't lie about paying half. Its awkward having a guy I just met pay for the date, because then I feel like I owe him something, and feel bad if I end up not being interested in him. If he absolutely insists on paying then fine but I will offer and personally would prefer to pay my half, or at least treat him to coffee or something. And "Feminism, shmeminism" wow that's tacky. Because feminism only comes down to who pays the bill on a date. Ms. Breslin can bite me

It's pretty much just about confidence, and pretty accurate in parts from personal experience... but yeah, it's different for everyone.

Truth be told, I'm a girl, and I HATE being complimented on my appearance. It makes me feel awkward and objectified... which is weird. but.. I'm just weird like that >>

Also, I hate it when the guy tries to foot the bill. It's nice to offer but seriously- it makes me feel belittled.

The rest is pretty accurate.. like smiling!! (you don't really think about it that much but.. oh my god, I met someone who literally never smiled in the couple of weeks I had contact with them. Creepiest. Thing. Ever.) Bleh, that's just my opinion anyway x)

Truth be told, I'm a girl, and I HATE being complimented on my appearance. It makes me feel awkward and objectified... which is weird. but.. I'm just weird like that >>

Also, I hate it when the guy tries to foot the bill. It's nice to offer but seriously- it makes me feel belittled.

The rest is pretty accurate.. like smiling!! (you don't really think about it that much but.. oh my god, I met someone who literally never smiled in the couple of weeks I had contact with them. Creepiest. Thing. Ever.) Bleh, that's just my opinion anyway x)

You know, I was thinking the same thing about compliments. I think a smile and "you look nice" at the beginning of the date is good. But, to be told during dinner "you look so beautiful'...kind of awkward and cheesy. Sounds insincere.

If a guy was to give me multiple compliments about my appearance throughout the date, I would think it extremely strange.

Archived