Are you really going to let this breakup kick your ass?

uncomfynumb

So you've taken some punches, a major blow to the ego. Are you going to just lay there and cry or are you going to pick yourself up and start fighting back?

(anyone else hearing the "Rocky Theme" or is it just me?)

I woke up this morning and stumbled to the bathroom and when I looked in the mirror, I just had to say "damn it girl! How'd you get to be so fine!" In all actuality, I looked like death warmed over but I figured if I held my head high enough, noone would notice. And you know what? No one did! In fact, I had a couple of fellas checking me out while I fixed my cup O joe...

That "faking it til you make it" might work after all!

Your ex may care about you, or they may not. Regardless, they have chosen to continue life without you and it is now up to you to stand up and proclaim that you will not let this defeat you.

You can beat this, you can win but you have to be strong! You can arise from this like the phoenix from the ashes if you only choose to.

There are no more excuses! Pick yourself up and dust yourself off and take the swing! This breakup is not going to kick your ass! You are going to beat it!

I love your post! Its been 4 months since the break up and 2 months since NC and I havent cried in weeks and actually cleaned my house, got dolled up, got hit on mistaken for younger and I am worth so much more than a ridiculously pathetic life he would have gave me. Yes I will do the same as you tomorrow when I look in the mirror Thanks

I LOVE THIS BOARD!!!

I will not let this break up get me down...and when I'm feeling down I WILL fake it until I make. Everyday I will deliberately make myself stronger.

Because of my parents hard work, I have a strong foundation of truths and beliefs. I will assert my truth without hesitation. No more sweeping problems under the rug.

I will be more astute when looking for a partner. There is a fit for me somewhere and I will be patient enough wait for him *crying*

God! We need more posts like these! People are so depressing! Come on people - there is MORE to life than a stupid relationship. If someone said you had cancer and had 3 months to live, you would kick yourself in the rear end knowing you spent the last 6 months crying over your ex! SOME people on ENA are so obsessive coming up with different scenarios and asking whether their ex will come back - NEWS FLASH - THE MORE YOU DO THIS, the more you are confirming why they left you - STOP IT - no one knows, every situation is different and your life should not be defined / measured according to them .... after all it is YOUR LIFE, and not THEIR LIFE

Seriously my ex could kiss my bootie - he dumped me and after he dumped me, he said he cheated ... and you know what, WHO CARES -I wish him all the best in this world - and now, I can get focused on the priorities in my life mainly finishing law school

So 3 cheers for us! Hip-hip-hoooraaaaaaaaaaaay!!!

P.S.

I try not to care, or count the days of NC

Let it go!! I think it was 1 month, or a little more, but you know what who cares! What difference does it make whether you are 1 day NC or 30 days NC? Time is a social construction. There is no such thing as time. So stop obsessing ... focusing on YOU - the more you count the number of NC days, the more you are confirming to yourself that this person matters - let it go ....

Let ...

It ...

Go ...

Don't you feel lighter? And no, I am not high - I am just happy .... it is way more fun to be happy, than being sad and depressed and crying ... so smile

I woke up this morning and stumbled to the bathroom and when I looked in the mirror, I just had to say "damn it girl! How'd you get to be so fine!" In all actuality, I looked like death warmed over but I figured if I held my head high enough, noone would notice. And you know what? No one did! In fact, I had a couple of fellas checking me out while I fixed my cup O joe...

That "faking it til you make it" might work after all!

Love the post. I actually did something similar a few weeks ago. I made a list of my qualities and taped it to my bathroom mirror. I read the list to myself when I'm in front of the sink each morning. I think it's really helped.

Some of the items on my list:

Intelligent

Attractive

Caring

Confident

You get the idea.

This morning I got up and cold cocked that breakup and it hit the floor... BAM! And if it comes at me again, its going to be picking up it's teeth with it's broken arm with my boot up it's butt!

Ain't no pity parties happening here!

Check out this song. And if you are in a place where you can, you should get up and shake what your mama gave ya!

link removed

Your ex may care about you, or they may not. Regardless, they have chosen to continue life without you and it is now up to you to stand up and proclaim that you will not let this defeat you.

WORD!!!

God doesnt give us what we cant handle...it jus sometimes feels prwetty close the bone....we all will get up and over from them...prob even under someone else

Thanks so much for this post. I hit an all time low 4 days ago. The best way to describe it is a new emotion that I never felt before. A shift in my energy. I have had loved ones die, previous break ups, failures in life, but nothing has ever made me this depressed.

Nothing.

It's been a little over a month since the break up too and everything just hit me now. I hit an all time low. A realization almost. A realization that I wasn't willing to look at because it was always too painful to look at. For most of my life I didn't look at it.

4 days ago I did, and it almost felt like all the scenery around me changed...I was beyond depressed. I think I am facing the "mid life crisis" stage and I'm only 23 still. My brother cheered me up and told me, "this is good! It means your going to get better and you won't have to wait until your 40 or even 50 to realize that you weren't happy. You noticed it now, and so you will fix it early and live a great life!"

He was right. I never cried in front of my brother before and that night I did. I have to forget about my ex for now. He might take it as an insult because he wants to be my friend, but he was the main focus of my life for far too long and it's now time to finally take a look at myself. I won't let this break up be the end of me.

I think I have officially kicked my breakup's ass. I just don't feel the same way about my ex as I used to. I'm no longer uncomfortable and numb, I am comfortable and feeling; consciously and purposely finding beauty in the world and more and more reasons to keep looking forward.

I'm not sure what it is but I'm thinking if my ex was so perfect for me, why aren't we together? At the end of the day, I have to trust that God has something good in store for me, that this higher power indeed knows something I don't and watches over me, not controling everything but instead gently nudging, guiding me to the place where I will find ultimate joy and happiness.

It really doesn't matter who or what you believe in but that you believe in something. Faith can move mountains; maybe not people because you see, they have their own faith, their own guide. But if you believe, really believe that you will be happy, you will be happy. If you believe that you are free, you will be free.

It starts by saying it aloud "I am happy! I am free" and saying it over and over again, with conviction! This is your proclaimation, that you are no longer in bondage to the breakup! Mean it, feel it, embrace it with each breath you take, breath it in and breath it out. This is you, believe it...

KICK THAT BREAKUP'S ASS!!!!!!!!!

I think I am in love with you uncomfynumb lol - you are brilliant. Women like you make me proud to be a woman - keep moving forward sista!

I love you back girl as well as the rest of my sisters and brothers on this forum!

My breakup decided that it wanted to screw with me again today... Damn that bastard is relentless! But I think it knows now that I won't be taking its crap so it is just off in a corner mumbling some insane babble...

I think it is time for some duct tape!

xoxo

Archived