Long hair on "older" women?

BriarRose

Cast your vote:

1) Looks silly

2) Sexy

3) Depends on the woman and her body type/facial structure.

I am ready to start on-line dating, my hair is just starting to grow back from chemo but will need a wig for several more months. I'm sick of the one I wear to work, not sexy at all, and too short. I love long hair, but at my age (44)? Your thoughts?

I am of average height and build.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My mother says it looks silly. I am 43 and I have long hair. I think it depends entirely on the woman and her features and what she prefers.

How long? Like shoulder-length long, or like 1/2 way down your back long?

Ren, I am not tall. About 5'5. Normal build (maybe a tad on the thin side).

If you're thin, longer hair could work out for you. I know that you are undergoing chemo, but is your hair usually thin or full/thick? I have thick hair that constantly requires my stylist to thin it out and it was more unmanageable when it was long

Yeah, thick, dark and wavy. So I never let it get too long, even though I love long hair. Maybe I shouldn't get a long wig then. It would take too long for my "real" hair to catch up.

Mine is about 6 inches past my shoulders. I personally like it. I see nothing wrong with "older" women (and I use that term loosely because I do not consider myself "older", nor any other woman my age.) having long hair. If it suits you there is nothing wrong with it.

Wow, that is long! I guess my only reservation is that it would take my own hair to long to catch up. But a shorter one, I could just whip it off when my own hair comes back and people would just think I got it colored and cut or something.

Wow, that is long! I guess my only reservation is that it would take my own hair to long to catch up. But a shorter one, I could just whip it off when my own hair comes back and people would just think I got it colored and cut or something.

Yes, that would be pretty too. You should do whatever makes you feel pretty. Try on a wide number of them and different colours and see how you look best.

I just want to look really pretty when I go on-line. I am very nervous. I haven't dated in awhile and the last guy turned out to be a jerk so I want a fresh start and I want to feel good. I mean, I know looks aren't everything, but it helps to feel sexy.

Of course it does! Try on lots of them and pick the one that makes you feel the most sexy

I think what matter is how the hair makes you feel.

But, I personally don't like too long hair on older women. I find shorter hair frames your face and can look much nicer. Hair a bit above your nipple area would be the longest I'd go for if you like long hair more. Or better yet try out several wigs.

image removed

I think what matter is how the hair makes you feel.

But, I personally don't like too long hair on older women. I find shorter hair frames your face and can look much nicer. Hair a bit above your nipple area would be the longest I'd go for if you like long hair more. Or better yet try out several wigs.

image removed

Yeah, for me personally, I wouldn't go longer than in that photo.

It really depends on the woman and how long it is. I have seen some women in their 50's who look like they are stuck in the hippy days of the 60's..the hair is long and just hangs limply and in a messy fashion and is completely grey. Long hair needs to be kept nicely groomed and grey-free in order to look good on older women.

It really depends on the woman and how long it is. I have seen some women in their 50's who look like they are stuck in the hippy days of the 60's..the hair is long and just hangs limply and in a messy fashion and is completely grey. Long hair needs to be kept nicely groomed and grey-free in order to look good on older women.

Yeah, I hate grey hair. I don't think it looks "elegant", it just looks old.

grow it out and see what looks best on you.. and what you prefers too. my mom dislikes long hair. it's difficult to manage for her and requires too much maintenance. i can't stand short hair because it's difficult to style for me.

Thing is, I am ready to start dating again and I don't want to wait months and months for it to grow out (chemo just ended a few weeks ago and it is just starting to come in). I look like a chia pet right now, lol!

Archived