Why is the "friend zone" so dreaded?

Seymore

Without having read the entire thread, here's my opinion:

I think when you're looking for a relationship with a woman, you want to have an exciting friendship first PLUS that extra spark that both of you feel about each other.

If you're friendly with a woman but both feel neutral about the other person on an attraction level, then you have a regular friendship.

I think not only the woman is in a position to "friendzone", guys do it too. I've had it many times that girls who liked me were nothing more than friends to me.

Contrary to some others here I don't believe that being friendzoned once means you have to stay there forever. I believe as soon as you somehow manage to trigger attraction in a woman and then build on that, you can move out of friend zone.

I've recently seen that in my circle of friends: I have this girl pal who is confident, smart and simply stunning. She'd been hanging out with this guy for months and he seemed like the typical "woman's friend", very shy, very sensitive, somewhat over-attentive, pleasant but not the coolest guy I've ever met.

Well, noone saw it coming but he somehow must have done something right along the way, because now she is crazy about him and they are a happy couple.

I never get put into the friendzone anymore. You just have to be very flirtatious, and as a man, always make the first moves....do not wait for her.

For instance, if you go in for a kiss on the first date, even if she rejects you (personally, I always go for at least a kiss on the first date), she will still see you as being sexual.

Don't be afraid to touch her back, her hand, or her lower thigh.

When you're talking to her, look her in the eyes and don't be shy about it.

This seems like a lot to remember, but really it all comes down to this: if you're attracted to her, then act like it.

I actually think that a certain amount of friendzoning is a good thing if youre out there playing the field. At some point, you've gotta have lots of friends of the opposite sex to up your social value and your wingability. It's a necessary evil if you use it to play your cards right. I end up getting friendzoned alot simply because the girl has a long term BF. But they still love me (in a friendly way) and that only helps my cause when we go out or when I meet her friends.

Archived