girlfriend taking kickboxing

yay4me

My girlfriend has become obsessed with kickboxing. Recently we got into a debate on who would win in kickboxing since shes been doing it for over a year and i have no experience. My argument was basically that since im a guy that i would definitely win! I'm 5'10" and 190 and she's 5'4" and curvy in some areas (but not overly fat).

This didn't sit well with her and we finally decided to put on the gloves for a friendly match to find out. Is it normal for girls to be able to "kick butt"? My girlfriend is a girle girl so I was not expecting much.... big mistake!

My girlfriend has become obsessed with kickboxing. Recently we got into a debate on who would win in kickboxing since shes been doing it for over a year and i have no experience. My argument was basically that since im a guy that i would definitely win! I'm 5'10" and 190 and she's 5'4" and curvy in some areas (but not overly fat).

This didn't sit well with her and we finally decided to put on the gloves for a friendly match to find out. Is it normal for girls to be able to "kick butt"? My girlfriend is a girle girl so I was not expecting much.... big mistake!

Step 1: Grab Bible.

Step 2: Read story about David and Goliath.

Step 3: Learn something.

Step 4: Eat crow.

Kickboxing has little to do with size and strength but more with technique, speed and agility.

I love kickboxing... great hobby! but isn't kickboxing simply an aerobic exercise and not for actually fighting? I've been doing it for years for working out. Never thought it was applicable for fighting. It's not regular boxing?

I'm 5'10" and 190 and she's 5'4" and curvy in some areas (but not overly fat).

If she's 130 lbs or so...you've only got 60 lbs and 6 inches on her which really isn't that much in a kick boxing match....match her up with a 250 lb 6'4 and then you're talking about the weight and hight difference really playing into the equation.

It is still all about technique...and maybe she was trying hard and you weren't? I know if I was fighting a girl, I wouldn't try very hard...

I love kickboxing... great hobby! but isn't kickboxing simply an aerobic exercise and not for actually fighting? I've been doing it for years for working out. Never thought it was applicable for fighting. It's not regular boxing?

Kickboxing is definitely not just an aerobic exercise! I have done it on and off for many years and it is a very deady style of fighting if taught right. muay thai kick boxing is the deadliest. It combines boxing with hard kicks, throws. Its more a power style of fighting and not so much submissions and rolling around as other martial arts.

So whats the problem? Your ego is a little bruised? Don't worry you will get over it, let her enjoy it just because she has a hobby does not mean she is "obsessed".

She's obsessed I swear!

I'm trying to get over it, you know how guys are about thier egos

Size doesn't matter, especially in kickboxing or any martial art. If she has more skill, of course you're gonna take a little beating, but don't let it get to you.

She's obsessed I swear!

I'm trying to get over it, you know how guys are about thier egos

I think you might be struggling for power here with each other where you don't need to. Make a joke of it - say men have their egos but you just want her to know you can protect her if push comes to shove and leave it be.

If she's more skilled than you, she can probably clean your clock.

Yeah, after saying something like "Id definitely win because Im a guy" Im sure she really enjoyed it. That's a silly thing to say. But you know that now.

Let her have her fun. Maybe if you choose to not take it personally you can enjoy her enthusiasm instead of being annoyed by it.

• 2 weeks later...

If she's more skilled than you, she can probably clean your clock.

I dont get it but yeah maybe practice does make perfect. granted i wasnt trying to kill her, it was a friendly match. But after a minute of shying around it got competitive and she clearly was getting the better of it. She asked if i wanted to stop...

Of course my pride wouldnt let me so i said no im fine. A minute later and she got me good- granted its those little girlie punches. I was getting annoyed with my inability to block/stop her. I brought my hands up to defend better and....whack! Her leg connects with the tummy and it totally knocked the wind out of me and there i was on the mat dazed.

I dont get it but yeah maybe practice does make perfect. granted i wasnt trying to kill her, it was a friendly match. But after a minute of shying around it got competitive and she clearly was getting the better of it. She asked if i wanted to stop...

Of course my pride wouldnt let me so i said no im fine. A minute later and she got me good- granted its those little girlie punches. I was getting annoyed with my inability to block/stop her. I brought my hands up to defend better and....whack! Her leg connects with the tummy and it totally knocked the wind out of me and there i was on the mat dazed.

I bet she'd give a man a good lickin' in a bar fight......

Haha ok!

I think that would be heavily embarassing for me. If I were you, I would break up with her. I can't imagine myself being humiliated by a woman like that. If I am not that skilled at kickboxing, I would just shut up. Or I would break up with her and date a woman who is not interested in martial arts. Fits with my personality because I want my woman to need my protection. I don't want a female Bruce Lee.

Haha ok!

I think that would be heavily embarassing for me. If I were you, I would break up with her. I can't imagine myself being humiliated by a woman like that. If I am not that skilled at kickboxing, I would just shut up. Or I would break up with her and date a woman who is not interested in martial arts. Fits with my personality because I want my woman to need my protection. I don't want a female Bruce Lee.

Is this a joke? How do you plan to protect her exactly?

Haha ok!

to need protection? Gross. What is this, 1929?

Archived