Between the odds

alcide

MY SISTER AN HER BOYFRIEND WAS DRIVING ON SATURDAY, SO HE BEGAN SMOKING IN THE CAR, AIR CONDITION RUNNING , WINDOWS UP, SO SHE TOLD HIM I DONT BELIEVE YOU SMOKING IN THE VEHICLE AND IM RIGHT HERE.

HE BRING DOWN THE WINDOW, AND THROW AWAY THE CIGARETTE AND , JUST DROPPED HER OFF BY HER VEHICLE AND ASK HER NOT TO CALL HIM , SHE LOOKED HIM IN THE EYES, AND HE SAID MY MUSIC WILL BE LOUD, JUST DONT CALL ME FOR THE REST OF THE DAY,,,,

SHE GOT OFF THE VEHICLE AND HE JUST DROVE OFF , NEVER TURNED BACK TO SEE IF SHE WAS OKAY, OR IF SHE HAD A PROBLEM, MOVING OFF OR ANYTHING, HE NEVER CALLED HER TO ASK IF SHE GOT HOME SAFELY OR ANYTHING...

THE FOLLOWING DAY HE CALLS AND SHE NEVER ANSWERED UNTIL TODAY HE IS CALLING AND SHE NEVER ANSWERED....

NOTE THAT: BEFORE HE WOULD NEVER SMOKE IN THE VEHICLE, OR CLOST TO HER, BUT NOW ITS A YEAR SINCE THEY ARE TOGETHER, HIS ATTITUDE IS DIFFERENT NOW, ESPECIALLY, SINCE HE IS HELPING HER OUT FINANCIALLY...

SO NOW HE IS CALLING ME TO MAKE THEM TALK AGAIN, SO WHAT DO I SAY TO MY SISTER ? dO YOU THINK SHE SHOULD NEVER SPEAK TO HIM AGAIN?

WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THE SITUATION?

I think there's a lot more going on here than the cigarette. Some very deep issues that they need to hash out.

If I were you, I would stay out of it. If they want to be immature with the phone calls, then let them. It's not your responsibility to salvage this.

I think you should use all caps and that if he can smoke in his car if he wants to and if your sister can't handle that, she should be dating him.

Not because someone smoke and you don't smoke you dont have to date him, do u know second hand smoking what it can do to you?

and can you imagine, if you don't smoke, a/c on, windows up, how this feels, kills you?

I don't see anything wrong with excusing your self to smoke then come back on the vehicle...

Not because someone smoke and you don't smoke you dont have to date him, do u know second hand smoking what it can do to you?

and can you imagine, if you don't smoke, a/c on, windows up, how this feels, kills you?

I don't see anything wrong with excusing your self to smoke then come back on the vehicle...

Second hand smoke can be harmful. But if you choose to date a smoker, it is something you are accepting. She has no right to try and change him and he doesn't have to change for her. He can smoke in his house, in his car, pretty much wherever he wants (if it is legal) and there isn't anything she can do about it. It sucks that he isn't more civil about it...he could excuse himself and then go smoke and come back...but he can do whatever he wants...

She should voice her concern to him and if he won't adopt the behavior she wants or can tolerate, she shouldn't be dating him.

When you choose to date someone, you choose to accept their behavior...she chooses to date him, he chooses to smoke, she chooses to date a smoker, she chooses to tolerate his smoking and not leave him.

Archived