Will I be hearing from him?...

ladyjane83

Hey,

I have been talking to a guy online for a while now. We sent a couple of emails a week...not everyday, but regular. We get on well. About 2 weeks ago he emailed and at the end he said "well, we could sent these emails back and forth all year and not get anywhere, so one night we could meet up if you want?" I replied and said yeah that would be nice. I also gave him my phone number. So far nothing has been arranged. Continued to email as norm..but no setting up of an actual date.Why bother asking if I want to meet up if he isnt then doing to ask me out properly!?? He hasnt used my phone number either, despite me giving it to him. This was last weekend, this weekend it was valentines day and also his birthday, so a couple of friends said maybe he is waiting until after this weekend because he doesnt want the awkwardness of starting something just before a sigificant date in the calendar. hmm. He is also VERY laid back.

Well it was his birthday yesterday so I facebooked him (private message) saying:

Hey you ...HAPPY BIRTHDAY! hope you're having a lovely day and that you're enjoying your 4 day weekend!..although it's not quite as good as the whole week that I have off I dont have much planned for the week so let me know if you fancy doing something one day/night, you've got my number...

Enjoy the rest of your birthday! x

So today he replied with this:

Hey, I'm not on here for long, just wanted to say thanks for the birthday message. Enjoy your week off and hopefully I'll get some free time and I'll text you,

bye xx

Sooo....do we think I will be hearing from him?! hmm. I know people willl say that he just isnt that into me...but if he wasnt interested why mention going out in the first place if your not going to follow up with it. And why bother replying...if he wasnt interested he could just delete me off facebook its not like he owes me anything x

I think he is dating other girls. He is juggling! He has committed to other dates with other girls and in the interim might be kinda' into one or more of them, but is keeping you on the back burner somewhere in case some one else falls through. If he wanted to ask you out, you would have gone out already, PROMISE!!!

I don't know. If he does text you, it will probably be on a night/day when he was GOING TO HANG OUT WITH SOMEONE ELSE but plans fell through, or everyone else was busy, and you were a last resort. Not trying to be mean, only trying to get you to move on.

I had it happen to me only a couple months ago. Talked to a guy for 2 hours on the phone on Thursday. Made plans for Saturday to go out. Said he'd text me the next day (Friday) when he got home from work. No text. No call. No date. Never heard from him again.

He asked ME out.

He made the plans for Saturday.

He said he'd text on Friday.

I did email him. I didn't text. I emailed on Saturday afternoon to find out if we were still on since I didn't hear from him on Friday when he said he'd text.

Again, I never heard from him again.

He might have asked you to hang out before some other girl came a long that he fancied more.

Again, not trying to be harsh! Just trying to tell your hot a** to move on!

K?

Yeah maybe he has changed his mind or met someone else since he first suggested going out...but if thats the case then why say 'oh I'll text you' why not just delete me off facebook. Yeah it would be harsh but at least I would know where I stand and not be waiting around for a date that might not happen!

Could it be that after he mentioned meeting up he was waiting for you to ask about it after to see how interested you were? If that makes sense. Maybe he thought he's asked you about meeting up then he wanted to see if you would make a move to arrange something.

I hope he gets back to you and you get to meet. Let us know what happens!

Could it be that after he mentioned meeting up he was waiting for you to ask about it after to see how interested you were? If that makes sense. Maybe he thought he's asked you about meeting up then he wanted to see if you would make a move to arrange something.

I hope he gets back to you and you get to meet. Let us know what happens!

yeah, well I kind of have. He hasnt mentioned it since. but like a week later I was moving house so i emailed him and said "I'm moving this weekend so may be offline for a while, heres my number if you still fancy catching up one night". and heard nothing for like a week. So I emailed again and said "back online now, didnt take as long as I thought to get my new internet sorted. you had a good week?" he replied a couple of days later and apologised for not replying sooner , said he is rubbish at writing to people but that he is making a conscious effort to reply to me now. Then he said "I was going to text you the other day but it was after 10pm and I thought the watershed for texting unknowns is before 10 lol.".....hmm. So there was only one chance in the week to text me?! anyway he went on to ask what I had been up to etc. I replied a nice chatty email, said I wouldnt have minded him texting me etc. No reply, this was Thurs..then it was his birthdy sunday which is when I emailed what I wrote in the original post. Again, asking him to let me know if he is free for a catch up.

I hope I do get to meet him as he really seems my type from what I know of him which is why its difficult to just forget about it. The email he has sent though about texting me if he gets some free time to meet has kind of left it in a way that I cant really email him again now..just have to wait and see I suppose.

I don't know why people do this. I had this happen with a guy recently. We were writing back and forth and he mentioned a few times that we should meet. I gave him my # and he never contacted me. He probably lost interest but I don't really care. I never met him anyway.

One piece of advice I have for you is never tell a guy that you have no plans for a week and you are just waiting for him to make plans with you. You are playing "easy to get". Of course, if he was really interested, he would jump at the chance to ask you out. Forget about him.

I don't know why people do this. I had this happen with a guy recently. We were writing back and forth and he mentioned a few times that we should meet. I gave him my # and he never contacted me. He probably lost interest but I don't really care. I never met him anyway.

One piece of advice I have for you is never tell a guy that you have no plans for a week and you are just waiting for him to make plans with you. You are playing "easy to get". Of course, if he was really interested, he would jump at the chance to ask you out. Forget about him.

yeah, I've kind of given up now. He Knows I want to meet him so itas up to him. I just wish he had never mentioned it in the first place. I dont get how he could have lost interest in the time between him asking me out and me saying yes. ah well. am a bit disappointed because he really seems like my type. I thinks sometimes people say "I'll call you" because they dont want to hurt our feelings...but I think thats worse! leaves us wondering and confused. If he had just said sorry I have changed my mind, or deleted me off facebook it would have been harsh but at least I would know where I stand!!

No hun

He isn't initiating any contact with you at all, only replying. And he's only replying because he dosn't want to be rude to you/or is a coward.

Also your taking his reply's as "Interest" but he's only being nice. Kick him to the curb you deserve way better.

soo..I did hear from him. I didnt reply to his last email thought would leave it up to him and he text me today. just genral chatty message asked what I was up to and apologised for taking so long to text. still no mention of meeting up though. but him text me isnt just being polite I dont think...he didnt have to, I didnt have his number so I hadnt tet him or anything. If he wasnt interested he could have just left it at his last email and not contacted me. hmm.

I went through something similar in January. We went out twice and he kept texting me and telling me we should go out again. It never happened. He kept saying it, but never followed through. I got tired of him telling me he "was busy", and blew my stack. Big mistake on my part he acted like I was insane. Oh and to top it off he pretended I didn't blow my stack and kept texting me. I tried to play it the other way around and just let him contact me and to be nice. That worked but we still didn't get any closer to going out. So I just left it. He still texts me even now! But I've lost interest so I just say "Hey" and we chat for awhile and that's it. I don't know why guys try to keep contact with girls they clearly don't want to be with! Very frustrating.

Archived