So, I've been the stupid one here, and I regret all the missed opportunities with this crush I have. I guess it's true what they say about some men being totally ignorant to some of the signals women display.

I've basically known her for about a year now, and we've had a few veeery intimate moments a few months ago. Although I got basically abit lazy when she started to show alot of interest in me. Things like ALOT of physical contact, hugging, kissing on the lips a few times etc. Things like this were never initiated by me, although I liked her very, very much. ](*,) I always waited for "the right moment" to ask her out, but what I didn't realise is that those intimate moments were just that.

Anyway, now things are different, the vibe between us is more ''friendly'' then ever, there is still some minor physical contact, and some small signals, but it isn't as explosive as it used to be. And she even responds cold from time to time when I try to be nice and talk to her.

So, yesterday on valentines day we and mutual friends went out and this guy we both knew was all over her the entire evening and they kind off hit it off. So I brought it up in casual conversation, and she told me they were planning to date... but she told it in a way that it could be ment as a joke and she doesn't have his number yet so... but she did tell me she wasn't joking...

Well the place where my heart used to be feels like an empty hole and it just hurts really bad. I don't know if I should worry about him, but I'm freaking out.

Anyway should I finally come to my senses, make a last stand and ask her out? Or should I loose all hope and move on. (which will be very hard, since I'm still very much IN LOVE with her now...)

Be careful with that L word it's dangerous! I would say give it one last shot. How much worse can she make you feel then you already feel right now? Better to see what's there and start the healing. He might end up being a big jerk and you could show up at the right time and after some time be in a place you were not too long ago.

Yeah... the worst part is I'm not really sure if they are going to do something together, because she didn't bother to get his number, so they can't arrange things, and she mentioned afterwards, "Could take a long time to happen though! But it's on the agenda!" So I basically don't know.

She only see's the guy when she goes with me, which is maybe twice a month. But still, I just can't think of any other thing I can do then ask her out at this point. Things have definetly changed.

Now It's like, she comes up to me, starts dancing near me to the part where I can feel her kind of bouncing against me, but when I try too make some conversation I just get some closed awnsers and a forced laugh here and there, sometimes she doesn't even bother to do just that.

Then some other drooling drunk comes up too her and they chat away for hours.. What the hell? I mean why would she even go near me, and act like that? What does she want from me?

Any input from the ladies would be much appreciated..

Well I'm not a lady, but you left some good information out of your first post. Maybe she doesn't think you want to date her. She sounds like she was saying hey if you don't ask me out I'm eventually gonna go out with other dude. As far as the dancing thing goes, it could've been just a ploy to see how interested you were. To see if you would try to pry her attention away from the other guy or something.

I think she does like you and she wants you to ask her out. This has been going on for a while, she has been giving you every chance and you never take it. She is probably at her last straw and thinks that maybe if you get jealous over another guy, you might actually step up to the plate and make a move. That is a risky thing for her to do because it could backfire on her, but she probably figures she won't be any worse than she is now since you aren't making a move. If you are interested, you had better go for it, or some other guy will.

Why didn't you ask her out? What were you waiting for? If you had a lot of physical contact from her why did you ignore it and did not act? I were her I would simply assume you are not interested in taking things to the next level, full stop.

I just do not get you guys, honestly. It is not like you don't care, you say you like her and she was giving you enough green light.

Minor update: Just saw her today, at a friends house. Things were kind of distant at first but I was in a "charming" mood if I say so myself And I got her to loosen up abit, gotten quite a bit of laughs from her.

Then someone spilled a drink around my "private" area. He was apologizing and stuff and I just made a comment about how the idea was kind of sexy to me. Then she jokingly said if she could clean it up for me, haha.

On the way back home we chatted away the entire time about all kinds of stuff. Looking back, I think it wen't pretty well, and I'm improving, now I hope this friday I'm planning to finally ask her out.

edit: She didn't mention the other guy, at all btw.

Um i'm wondering has anyone who read this thought that she was trying to make him jealous? I mean I could be wrong but it sounds like she is trying very hard to make Piep Jealous. She doesn't have the other guys number, she doesn't seem to make an effort to get the number yet she says there could be something happening? and then she allows a drunk to dance with her?

Yup!! Thats trying to make you jealous so you can ask her out!! Probably the idea of one of her friends!!

Right guys, delete this thread. I did go with her today, and you were all wrong, it wasn't jealousy, at all. She ended up flirting and eventually making out with the guy for 10 minutes straight INFRONT OF MY FACE. And put a smile and talked to me like nothing happened after. I'm just really pissed off right now, oh well it's better then feeling hurt, which will come eventually.

Right guys, delete this thread. I did go with her today, and you were all wrong, it wasn't jealousy, at all. She ended up flirting and eventually making out with the guy for 10 minutes straight INFRONT OF MY FACE. And put a smile and talked to me like nothing happened after. I'm just really pissed off right now, oh well it's better then feeling hurt, which will come eventually.

Ok, then move on and next time be the first to ask the girl out!

Archived