Ever reach that point when you feel like you just need a fresh start.....

flow2000

For last few weeks, I have been feeling that I just need a new start. I have a lot of friends with whom I see or hangout or text or facebook quite often. I am well known for throwing awesome parties in the summer at my beach house, which lasts the whole weekend and becomes talk of the town for months. My point is that I am sociable likable guy and finding girls or having short term relationships has never been a problem for me. I have never been rude or unkind to anyone.

But lately, I have been getting the feeling that they don't really care for me.

I don't know why but my gut feeling is telling me I am right....such as over the last few months, when my "friends" threw parties, they didn't invite me. My friends have not been returning texts and when they do the text responses have been very cold. No invites on facebook or even on a night out in town, my friends have been making plans and not been including me.

I don't feel hurt or anything, just feel that the friendships have reached a peak or inflexion point and there is nowhere else to go. Almost feel a calm and soothing feeling knowing not to expect anything anymore.

Just been getting this feeling that I need to reinvent myself somehow. Been going to the gym a lot and back on board surfing every morning. Been avoiding beaches where my "friends" hang out. Going to bars solo at night and trying to meet completely new set of people.

Has anyone gone through a similar phase? part of me wants my friends back and wants to go back to way things were and part of me wants a new start.....just wondering if anyone else has felt this way?

Yep... It took a bit of effort on my part to meet people who were not into the party scene, that scene gets old. I guess i had to search within the party scene to find other people who were over it so we could do different things. I have even been thinking recently that i want more "entrepenurial people" in my life! Just put it out there!

It's not impossible to do. Imo, the party scene is full of people who will just use you, that's why you're not getting the invitations you used to get, but i guess they will always come to your parties because you have something to offer.

Stick to the gym, try to meet people through work, or special interest groups. I've heard link removed is good...

Yep... It took a bit of effort on my part to meet people who were not into the party scene, that scene gets old. I guess i had to search within the party scene to find other people who were over it so we could do different things. I have even been thinking recently that i want more "entrepenurial people" in my life! Just put it out there!

It's not impossible to do. Imo, the party scene is full of people who will just use you, that's why you're not getting the invitations you used to get, but i guess they will always come to your parties because you have something to offer.

Stick to the gym, try to meet people through work, or special interest groups. I've heard link removed is good...

your point is well taken. I don't hate the party scene, just don't like any of my friends right now. Parties can be of many types, in summer we go surf, grab a 30 pack after, talk about the day and surf and travel and as soon as someone throws food on the grill, we have a party.

This year has been bad though, bad economy, people are feeling the crunch. Just feel like things are not the same anymore. Hanging out and partying was one thing that made us happy. Now I realize you don't party to get happy, you party when you are are happy.

I do know of link removed and other similar sites but I am just trying to go with the flow at this point of time. These group requires registering, rsvp what not. Just want to get through the day, go to a bar or club at night and see what happens. Basically taking a random chance

Archived