Irritating people

CrashTestDummy

How do people deal with irritating people? It's really getting on my nerves that my roommate is just becoming a total * * * * * to me. A friend of mine and myself have contemplated that he has an inferiority complex, and he lashes out at a lot of people for doing so.

He's a complete idiot, and I have no desire to make amends with him after many attempts to make peace. He just doesn't get it... he always needs to reinforce the need that he's better by putting down others. He's 5'5, 130 lbs and just a skinny nerdy asian. He talks as if he's the smartest person in the world and he also talks as if he knows everything around him. I feel like he thinks the world revolves around him, and there's been moments when I have thoughts of violence to lash out at him because it just becomes so irritating. He turned off my computer last night while I was working on an essay because "it made too much noise". Seriously... People like that should die a horrible death... It's just an idiotic approach to a solution.

Anyways... what I'm asking of everyone... how do people deal with people as irritating and annoying as this? I didn't ask for him as a roommate, but this is what I got...

If you're sharing a house or an apt. dealing a with an ignorant roomate is simple. You just avoid them. Keep to your part of the house and make sure your room is locked when you're away. If you're sharing a room, that's a lot more difficult. In that case, I would just start looking for other living arrangements.

I do agree with jul-els, give him less opportunities to be an ass... keep your stuff out of his reach, and in the privacy of your own room, whenever possible.

However, you all have the right to whatever shared space you use (ie living room, kitchen, etc), so in those cases I think bringing up any issues to him would be a good idea. Is it just you and him living together, or are there other roommates? You should gather everyone together, so that everyone is on the same page. Don't be afraid to tell him how you feel... but also try not to go overboard. He may be a * * * * * , but he'll still think he's better than you if you let your anger get the best of you in front of him.

Also, if you don't want him to touch your stuff ie your computer, which carries a lot of important info, then just tell him... he'll probably be mad that you're standing up to him, but who cares? Let him be, bc if you're setting him straight about your stuff then he can't do anything about it. I wouldn't want someone touching my computer either if I was doing important stuff on it. Tell him that if he has a problem with the sound then he needs to move out of hearing range, and not touch your computer!

Archived