Sleeping with exes...not exactly

NewDater

I have been dating this girl for 4 months now. We are pretty serious and get along great and honest with each other..I think.

She is 27 years old and she still has trouble sleeping by herself. She says she cant sleep at night unless someone is bed next to her. Even if its a friend, ex or whatever. I told her that is weird but she says her friends have people sleep with them all the time. This reminds me when I was in 8th grade and we had sleep overs. She says its normal but I dont think so?

I also think she may be too needy.?

I trust her that she is not having sex with them. Its just that I dont see this as normal. Last night she stayed up until 3:00 to try to sleep by her self she said she gave up and crawled in bed with her ex just to help her go to sleep. (This is a whole another story) She is close with her ex bc of the kids but not in love anymore. We spent V-Day Weekend together(well mostly). SHe also got him a V- card too. I dont know what to think of that either. She says once she had been in love with somone its hard not for her to care for that person. She says she is a caring person but it doesnt mean she is in love with that person. Most people when they just break up they just stop caring ( I think?) No, not her she breask up but still text and emails with ALL her exes but not having sex with them anymore. SHe says if we were married it would be different. Is this also normal? I am at the point of leaving her. Need advice?

No, this is not normal, and yes, you should leave her.

She already has all her excuses for her bad and disrespectful behavior in place. She crawls in bed with hex ex (completely unacceptable) because she can't sleep alone! She gives her ex a Valentine (completely unacceptable) because she is such a caring person!

Give me a break.

Yeah. I know. Thanks for the replies. I think she has some issues she needs to work out. This relationship would be headed for a disaster. I think we are both unhealthy for each other.

Well she said she was in bed for an hour and than left. and slept by herself. I guess its the point that she tried. She usually does sleep by herself when she is over there. As far as the V-Day gift it was only a card which I read.

I still think this is to much drama for me.

If a person is comforted by the presence of another human being then they probably have an anxiety disorder or phobia.

If the only person who happens to be available is an ex and she promises nothing is going on with them then why do you not believe her?

So many are quick to assume there's something bad happening when its probably innocent.

Rather than "leaving her" try to help her with the insecurities.

It doesn't matter if he believes her or not, it is still inappropriate. If this is really a phobia or disorder, then she needs to get some therapy or go on meds to help. She shouldn't expect him to just accept it, that's not fair to him.

Well she said she was in bed for an hour and than left. and slept by herself.

Did I read this right? Sorry I don't wanna disrespect you here man, or come to wrong conclusions. but this just screams at me.

She gets into the guy's bed, for "1 hour", and then goes sleep by herself... What happened in that hour that now makes sleeping by herself easier than before? It makes no sense to me, unless what I have in mind is what happened... and I guess you know what I mean.

Leave this woman, just so wrong of her to even think stuff like this is ok.

Archived