She's a sassy model, my boyfriend's Ex and now dating his best friend

cappsas

My boyfriend's ex, whom he dated briefly right before me about a year ago is a model. I don't know her, but from her pics and what I've been told, she's gorgeous and has a very fun, crazy, outgoing personality. She is now dating his best friend. The fact that the best friend would do this is pretty lame, but these two men are working that out on their own. My issue is this: my boyfriend brought this woman to an annual formal event last year and this year, his friend is bringing her! It's about a week away and I'm starting to stress a little about the worst case scenarios that could occur. I would like to know any tips, recomendations etc... for how I can maintain my positive, confident attitude, not let this women get to me and make sure that my insecurities don't get the best of me.

She is no threat to you at all. Things didn't work out between her and your boyfriend and now he is with you. There is more that makes a person than just good looks and good body. I am sure you have so much that is special in the eyes of your boyfriend that you shouldn't feel like you are competing with her on the basis of looks.

I would also feel insecure to meet someone my bf had dated. I understand, but that was in the past. He is with you know = he finds you attractive It's not all about looks, and that said, don't underestimate yourself. When someone loves you, you're the most gorgeous person in his eyes. Just act confidently and smile.

Well, just you saying the nice things you did about her in your post, you seem like and equally fun, out-going and lovely person too. It is up to you as to how the evening will go...just be very confident, friendly and open with her. When you meet her, just say hello and that it is very nice to meet her and take it from there.

Yanno what, I'll bet she's a bit uncomfortable given the circumstances. I'll bet she is just as nervous as you.

Just remember, your boyfriend is with you now. And there is a reason for that! ;-)

Good Luck!

Well I can tell you that I have been considered one of those girls for quite some time (I've just grown up a bit). I did modeling, and I can tell you that she isn't all she's cracked up to be (although she wants it like that).

Those times were the worst of my life. And i even married my ex boyfriend's long time friend. (They had a rocky then repaired friendship).

I felt very awkward being the woman who dated two guys who were friends and was the one who kind of "split them apart".

So although you've painted this facade about this girl in your head, it's really not all you're telling yourself it is.

I would just keep these things in mind. What the industry does to the models is criminal. I could almost promise she is still very isecure and makes up for this with "crazy social behavior" like I did.

Honestly, I would have compassion for her, and be very kind. Ask her how she is and what she's doing these days. Let her know you're cool with everything. You might just meet a new friend.

It's understandable that you'd feel a little awkward. Not because she's "beautiful" but because she's the ex. My only advice is to not feel obligated to do anything but give her a friendly hello. Don't put that pressure on yourself to act a certain way or have a conversation with her. Your boyfriend loves you the way you are so be yourself. If you feel like not talking much or wandering off by yourself I say go for it. Do whatever you need to do to feel good and have a nice time. Going in with as little pressure as possible will make the whole thing go alot more smoothly.

Have you had a conversation with your bf about it? Maybe if he's aware of your feelings, he'll be able to make the event a little more comfortable for you.

Archived