SeanKY01

Over the last year I have found out I have diabetes, high blood pressure, and high cholestrol. all due to the fact that I'm over weight.

I continue to get myself motivated and I can stay motivated. My biggest issue is putting that motivation into action.

Honestly I stay depressed about it and the fact that my fiance fights me on ever move.

I can't get up early in the morning to exercie before work because she will gripe for the rest of the day that I woke her up and she can't get back to sleep. She will ask if we can go and grab fast food, at first I say no I can't, but she gets pissed and literally puts me down and then makes it worse by telling me I make her feel bad about herself when I say those things.

There are other issues, like the fact that I know my weakness' and I would rather bad foods like cakes and candy NOT be in the house. When I try to discuss it with her it starts world war 3.

Overall my life has turned into a constant fight with her. Day in and day out.

The woman now has convinced me to have my check direct deposited into her account. I went to get my medicine yesterday and they wouldn't give it to me because her name was on the card.

She was shopping elsewhere in the store and I asked her to come sign for it and you would think I just murdered someone by her reaction. She stomped through the store and yelled at the woman at the Pharmacy counter. Not only was I embarrassed because I'm an almost 30 year old man and had to use her card, even though it was my money, but she was HORRIBLY rude to this woman just doing her job.

I was doing good, I had lost 31 pounds, my sugar was becoming more and more controllable but the constant fight and stress of someone else always being ready to explode just puts me in this 'what the hell is the use mindset'.

I need to get out of this house and this relationship so that I can get on with life. As it stands now I have diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholestrol, depression and I'm taking medication for all of it but at the end of the day I don't have the energy to fight her and to do what I need to do.

I feel so stuck in this horrible mess that I've allowed myself to get into and on top of all of it I feel like I failed as man.

I know that sounds backwards but I feel totally immasculated.

I've tried to leave before but she gets on her knee's screaming and crying and begging, promising she will change.

I just don't know what to do anymore. I had planned to leave once the debt we've accrued together is paid but she just insisted we buy new appliances and as usual I lost the argument.

All of these health conditions are going to kill me and coupled with the stress of this horrible life I don't know what to do anymore. Hell, I'm not even sure I know who I am anymore.

Leaving means starting from scratch. In three years I have given everything that I own to her and she has sold it or some other mess and has bought everything in her name. I wouldn't even have a car. On top of it we work in the same office and her Father is a VP at the company we work for.

I've lost all my friends, I see my family only on holidays and even then I have to fight with her because she doesn't want to go with me and yet she spends days leading up to it making me feel like I'm doing something wrong by going myself.

I'm a prisoner. I thought this only happened to women so I didn't even realize it was happening until it was too late.

The other day she actually got into my face yelling at me to do something while she bumped me with her chest over and over.

I have never and would never raise my hand to a woman and she knows it and take advantage of it.

I don't know how to get out....I don't know what to do....I don't want the rest of my life to be stuck in this limbo...

If you can afford professional help, get it. You need to get out of this relationship, now. If you can't afford professional help, perhaps Over-eater's anonymous can be helpful. There might be some folks there who can give you some advice.

If nothing else, stop having your check deposited into her account- you are willingly making yourself dependent upon her, it needs to stop now!

This is about your life. As you know, diabetes and hbp can lead to all sorts of health woes. You could end up with kidney failure, limb amputations, etc. Your life could be cut very short by this.

I wish there were more than one key solution for you, but would you want to marry someone this selfish? If your health and finances aren't important to her, you'll be missing out on health and happiness.

The begging is just manipulation, just as a wife-beater is so sorry only when she packs up.

Leaving means starting from scratch.

No offence, but scratch sounds better than what you have.

You're in an abusive situation here and if you stay you're going to die. It's that simple.

Get your money back in your own account, get a new place to stay, try and contact some old friends for support and get away from this woman who is sucking the life and soul out of you.

You're 29. That's a nothing age. You can still have a life.

Archived