Still dream about ex from 7 YEARS ago.

I had my first serious girlfriend in highschool. We dated for about 3 years, and it was an extremely emotional turbulent relationship. We spend much time together, and loved each and hated each other. We were both also going through family problems and such at the time (divorce, school problems, criminal problems, etc) which probably made our relationship even more meaningful at the time.

She broke up with me at the age of 19, about 7 years ago. It was a bad and painful break up, and we haven't spoken a single word to each other in the entire 7 years that passed.

I gave grown up much since then. My life is much different. I have had several girlfriends since then, including long term ones. I'm currently with a girl right now that I have been dating for a year and a half and I am very happy with.

Yet for some reason it seems I'm still having dreams about being with my ex....very frequently. Usually in the dreams we just meet up and talk or have sex, but either way it feels really good and then I wake up feeling really bad.

Not sure what this means or what I should do. Help?

In my opinion dreams don't mean much. All it means is that you're still thinking about her. If you think about something you will dream about it. Dreams are hardly ever random. If I want to travel somewhere I might dream I'm in that place. If I watch a movie with a cop chase scene, I might do that in my dream.

So all it shows is that you still think about her and maybe have some feelings, regrets or what if's in my opinion.

Archived