that "moving on" thing

brainfog

My girlfriend of 4 years has left. I wrote a few days ago about it and think she was trying to be kind to me about the real reasons she left. I may never know them and I guess I deal with that. Hard for me now because its only been a few days. She found an apartment and was gone in days to live near her family, leaving me the dog and half our possessions. Money will be tight too.

Anyway I asked her to please not contact me much. I also said that if she changed her mind that I would consider but would not wait long. I don't know if that was a mistake or not. I don't know if I sounded desperate to her. I also don't know if I'm trying to fool myself into thinking she may come back.

I've put myself in that relationship so much that I find myself without many real friends. I have them at work but I don't hang out with them. I meet people everyday that I work, very interesting people, but don't hang out with them either. My entire adult life has been without lots of friends. I guess I'm just the home body type with just a few work buddies.

Perhaps I'm using this forum as therapy for myself to get thoughts out of my head. I read other posts and find them helpful, any comments I get are appreciated. Thank you for reading if you managed to get through the length of this post.

do whatever you think you need to do but that usually consists of little or no contact and filling your time with any type of activity.

try re-kindling some friendships too.

the end of september my ex and i had a mutal split. two days later i was balling on the phone to him that i changed my mind. two weeks after that of feeling like crap and crying. two to three months of ups and downs. now im almost 5 months in and im almost totally healed. no crying, no sadness, no jealously of who he is with... nada, but i still miss him sometimes. so the point is, it gets better.

Archived