Is He Being Shy? Or Does He have Interest?

Unicorn123

Hello ENA Friends,

About 10 months ago, I met a man through volunteer work... He contacted me having heard about my particular project, and has been donating, supporting, and volunteering with me. He is a successful business man, and despite his busy schedule, he has e-mailed me to touch base on my volunteer work every couple weeks. He goes out of his way to help me.

We only met up for lunch/dinner several times (bc he travels a lot for work and he is busy too), and he has volunteered with me. He had an ex-gf from last year, and he has been single. He went out on dates with women several times (according to him), and about a couple months ago he told me about a woman he was attracted to! When I told him that he should ask her out, he was a bit wishy-washy saying that she was not exactly his type though the attraction was there. He never brought her up afterwards and I never asked more questions.

I am confused. Does he have interest in me? In his previous e-mails he asked me to "hang out" very casually, but he never really set any dates/times... I never really thought these were actual "dates" so I did not jump on these offers. We did eat together several times... and he still helps me with my projects! He doesn't call or e-mail incessantly-- just follows-up with me every week.

I have been so overwhelmed lately with my own work... and we recently exchanged e-mails updating each other on our lives... It's also VDay and he is not even in the country... I guess he would have asked me to be his gf already if he liked me as a gf? Instead he e-mailed me saying Happy Lunar New Year, and that I should not be too stressed about work... What do you all think?

Confused.

i think there is a possibility that he could be interested. the only problem i see is that he is hardly ever around. i have a feeling he may be apprehesive about asking you out outright for some reason. if you want to pursue this then maybe you try subtely hinting at meeting up. you should be the instigator. he may have more time for you if he knows you have an interest.

I am interested in him... but after my traumatic break-up with my commitment-phobic ex last year, I am so scared to even show him any interest (out of fear of rejection). I know, it's pathetic. I don't know how to give him subtle cues... I'm scared he may just run away from me!

Furthermore, bc this guy told me about another woman, I'm not sure if he is pursuing her! That's why I want to know if he is even interested in me... before I give him hints!

Please help!

remember that your ex is permanently out of the picture. it shouldn't influence you if you really want to take things further with this guy. why don't you ask him to hang out next time he's in town. if you're unconfortable with this then i'm sure you could get him to invite you out. he's done it before. he obviously likes your company and wants to stay in touch with you. thats a positive sign. the only way you'll know if he has someone else is if you broach the subject.

I am interested in him... but after my traumatic break-up with my commitment-phobic ex last year, I am so scared to even show him any interest (out of fear of rejection). I know, it's pathetic. I don't know how to give him subtle cues... I'm scared he may just run away from me!

Furthermore, bc this guy told me about another woman, I'm not sure if he is pursuing her! That's why I want to know if he is even interested in me... before I give him hints!

Please help!

some guys are just weird and do that because they maybe want to make you jealous so you'll like him more. I don't really know, it could be anything. But if you are interested in him you need to just forget about your ex and show this guy that you're interested before he meets another girl.

Archived