How to proceed?

RunCheetahRun

I recently met someone through a school-related group that I've become interested in, and I get the feeling that they are interested as well (prolonged and frequent eye contact, smiling, always in close proximity,etc), although I'm not 100% sure about it. I've just managed to heal after getting out of a somewhat serious relationship (6+ months NC) so I'm naturally a little "gun shy" in sort of flirting full on with them and putting myself out there. I also have no clue whether they are single or not (yes, I've been living under a rock for the last decade and have not joined any myspace, facebook-type sites to just check their profile..). Any suggestions on how I should proceed? Are they perhaps just being really friendly? Words from the wise and experienced are greatly appreciated!

And, as this is my first post, Hi Everyone!

I recently met someone through a school-related group that I've become interested in, and I get the feeling that they are interested as well (prolonged and frequent eye contact, smiling, always in close proximity,etc), although I'm not 100% sure about it. I've just managed to heal after getting out of a somewhat serious relationship (6+ months NC) so I'm naturally a little "gun shy" in sort of flirting full on with them and putting myself out there. I also have no clue whether they are single or not (yes, I've been living under a rock for the last decade and have not joined any myspace, facebook-type sites to just check their profile..). Any suggestions on how I should proceed? Are they perhaps just being really friendly? Words from the wise and experienced are greatly appreciated!

Welcome to ENA!!

I am not greatly experienced but I will put in my 2 pennies worth. My advice is to get to know this person - talk to him/her a bit more to gauge a bit more about their personality (AND whether they are single - you will usually be able to figure this out during a few conversations. Then go for it, be bold and ask him/her if they'd like to go for coffee sometimes (or something related to one of their interests when you find them out - e.g. if they like art, suggest you go to the art gallery together). They could possibly just be friendly or could be into you, the only way to find out is to ask him/her out!

Good luck,

Ammy

Hi Cheetah,

I do have some experience with this so I may be able to answer your question. When I usually dealt with guys who act in the way that you described this person, they were usually attracted to me. You can ask them first if they have feelings for you. I'd say if you want to move this along, you can reciprocate their behavior and start dating. But if you don't want this person to be attracted to you as more than just a friend, tell them that you just want to be friends.

Archived