So I had an interesting moment with an ex...

tripped

Last March I started dating a girl that was seemingly perfect for me. We were into the same things, she was intelligent and pretty, and we are practically going in the exact same life direction. I even brought her in on a new business we were creating at the time. But after a few months, she basically decided to dump me for a guy with more money. Her words were that with me, she could see us having a crazy fun relationship because of our chemistry, but that this guy could support her and be long term.

So we stopped talking for the most part. In July, I ran into her and she told me things were not working out with the guy, but they were living together so she couldnt do much until she figured that out. She never told me she wanted me back, just told me all that.

In August I start dating someone and it got really serious... Until about three weeks ago when she decided to leave me for an old flame. Well I just came back home (I moved away for a contract job that lasted 4 months, then I tried moving to my girlfriends city until we broke up). The other day I remember this cool artist that my ex showed me when we first started dating in March. I text and ask who it was. Her reply said "It was ____ ____. I miss you!"

Very out of no where. I looked on facebook and she is no longer with that guy. I text her back to see how she has been, but still have not gotten a response. What does this mean? I really have no interest in starting anything serious with her again, but some company right now would be pretty sweet. Does her saying she misses me like that mean anything, given everything else I have said?

Like you, I catch myself analyzing what my ex meant or whether he still cares about me. Maybe if we asked them to meet and talk straight about it, we would really find out. There's no way anyone can figure what's in their heads. it does look like she is showing some interest, so go ahead if you think no one would get hurt if you get involved again.

Archived