OMG!!! Need Interpretation!

....my ex (who broke up with me about 3 mos ago) just called to wish me a Happy Vday!!! wth?? He was clearly trying to keep the convo going too. Let me know that he was out of town with his guy friends and not with another girl. He suggested I go look at his fb page to see some new footage he has up. (I want to but don't want to bc I've ben doing so good with not looking!). Then he asked what were my plans for my bday...told me it would be around his break. Then he went on to say that I should be able to "catch"somebody if I go out of town to a party in a party city for my bday...wth? Told me to keep him informed on my life and if I decide to move out of town for school...I'm so lost. 'm glad he called...but not glad at the same time.

Can anyone interpret?

Ahhh, the typical "How are you, I want to see how things are!"

Majority of the dumpee's get this phone call around the 2-3 month mark of NC.

Stay calm. If he is interested in reconciliation, then he will continue to call.

That is how my current girlfriend who was my ex a few months back started the convo. Just a check up then it gradually grew into more.

Ahhh, the typical "How are you, I want to see how things are!"

Majority of the dumpee's get this phone call around the 2-3 month mark of NC.

Stay calm. If he is interested in reconciliation, then he will continue to call.

That is how my current girlfriend who was my ex a few months back started the convo. Just a check up then it gradually grew into more.

This.

Just remember to keep your cool, OP!

Thanks...I'm not getting my hopes up...I need to hear the blatant words "I want u back" before I think anything good is coming of it. But what do I do now? Still let him initiate contact? (btw, I was actually semi-waiting to see if he would call...since we broke up he hasn't missed a holiday yet). Is is just me or is Valentine's kind of a day an ex wants to avoid contacting their dumpee?

Thanks...I'm not getting my hopes up...I need to hear the blatant words "I want u back" before I think anything good is coming of it. But what do I do now? Still let him initiate contact? (btw, I was actually semi-waiting to see if he would call...since we broke up he hasn't missed a holiday yet). Is is just me or is Valentine's kind of a day an ex wants to avoid contacting their dumpee?

When they contact you it either means they are cruel beings for doing that or still care/miss you.

Let him initiate ALL contact.

I've had them contact me for an ego boost. I later found they had their friends with them and they had bets on how I would respond. One, I told him if he ever contacted my again, I would knock his teeth down his throat! It was an appropriate response. Another had just had a fight with his new gf and wanted me as a backup. Another really missed me but I was done.

I've had them contact me for an ego boost. I later found they had their friends with them and they had bets on how I would respond. One, I told him if he ever contacted my again, I would knock his teeth down his throat! It was an appropriate response. Another had just had a fight with his new gf and wanted me as a backup. Another really missed me but I was done.

That right there, is the reason it's so hard to see and feel exactly what our ex's are feeling.

It's hard to interpret these things really, I guess you just have to take risks if getting back together is what you want.

I had a similar experience with thejigsup. They had a bet on how long before I'll respond. One said 2 hours, the other one said 3, and the last one jokingly said never.

Guess who won?

Archived