Feeling low today...

Feeling low today. Anyone who has read my previous threads will know how well I have been doing and have kept up NC completely since the break up. It'll be four months since he ended things and despite telling a friend of mine just over a month ago that he still loves me, he hasn't once contacted me. I know I have to move on and I am slowly, but I just can't understand how someone can say they love you and not want anything to do with you.

I guess he is trying to heal himself, it just feels so cruel and selfish. He knows how much he upset my life when we broke up (I had to move back home and quit my job etc) and I had to start again and he hasn't once checked in to see how I have been getting on despite telling me he loved me and saying it wouldn't be the last time I saw him. I admit, the contact he made with my friend made me hope he'd call me directly which I know was stupid but I couldn't help it.

I guess he has shown his true colours but it hurts so much.

I just have to keep telling myself that I miss the man I fell in love with, not the man he became when he broke my heart

I'm so sorry to hear about this. Remember that he might just need time and doesn't want to hurt you by contacting you. (Believe it or not, having an ex contact you may make you happy for a while, but end up feeling worse later on.)

If it's meant to be, it'll happen. For now, sorround yourself with friends and families and find support on here and in self-help books and the like. Good luck!

Thanks everyone. Yeah I am OK, staying strong. I just miss all the good stuff. Am trying to focus on the bad and why it couldn't have worked out right now. I do believe if something is meant to be, it will be, so who knows what the future holds. If it's not meant to be, then I hope I meet someone even better than my ex!

Archived