me and my ex were together for over a year and practically lived together.

he left me out of the blue for a younger girl 2 months ago today.

ive come so far, i was a wreck without him but now i have new friends and a whole new life.

but i just cant stop thinking about him

he text me the other day (we're usually no contact) to say we had some good times together and part of him still loves me but he's happy with his new girlfriend.

is there anychance he might ever have any regrets?

it just doesnt seem fair that he gets to move on so quickly.

He has regrets, that is why he sent the text. The regret could be from guilt or because he misses. It doesn't matter. He is with someone else so you should just shut him out.

And it isn't fair that he moved on. But his feelings were different that yours. He didn't move on out of the blue and into a new relationship.

Don't let him contacting you set you back. Ignore him and move forward.

well we've talked about stuff and he said that he had feelings for her while with me and that he was falling out of love with me

im not naive and im not stupid but i know thats not thte case

he thinks the grass is greener and i was just wondering whether he'll ever miss me and all the times we had

It's been only 2 months. They may be in the honeymoon phase. He clearly does have some regrets or wouldn't have contacted you. He also said he still loves you. How great can it be between them if he is doing that? Good luck staying focussed on your happiness. I have to admit I feel just a little jealous. I would love to get such a phone call today...

i wouldnt be jealous, its been a horrible two months

he's called me every name under the sun, he's accused me of cheating, threatened me, and he's the one that left me for her.

the worst thing is he hardly knew her, they met on the internet and he just threw himself into a relationship with her because she is new and exciting.

this text just came out of the blue from nowhere and when i replied he told me he'd do me for harassment if i carried on.

thats why im so confused.

i wouldnt be jealous, its been a horrible two months

he's called me every name under the sun, he's accused me of cheating, threatened me, and he's the one that left me for her.

the worst thing is he hardly knew her, they met on the internet and he just threw himself into a relationship with her because she is new and exciting.

this text just came out of the blue from nowhere and when i replied he told me he'd do me for harassment if i carried on.

thats why im so confused.

I know how hard it can be to get right again after having the rug pulled out from under you. You thought you guys had a special connection, and then he turned his back on you, and disavowed the feelings that had seemed mutual.

Sucks, it really does.

But that text message sounds completely self-absorbed and manipulative. Let's see, you guys are basically NC, but he felt the need to reach out and let you know that he misses you sometimes, still loves you but btw is happy with the new girl? Like you needed to know any of that.

And it sounds like he went into crazy attack mode to justify breaking up with you. That's very immature stuff -- and by "immature" I don't mean "Oh silly guy" benign immature, I mean "foist blame on someone else because you're too weak to take responsibility for your own choices." That's not something you overcome in a couple of months with an equally immature/young person.

Seriously ... you are better off without this loser. No matter how much fun you had when you guys were together, no matter how close you felt to him, he has demonstrated repeatedly that he's not worth your time.

Yuck.

Archived