I am feeling a little better these days after being broken up with about a month ago. Its mostly been NC and I am fine with that, the more I realize he was/is a self involved scum bag. It might be kind of hard next week, tho, when I drive to portland to see one of my best friends. I am planning on stopping by my ex's house to pick up the last of my things that I had there (and I cant do it any old time, since he lives 2 hours away, on the way to portland).

What do you guys suggest I do? Ive already informed him i am coming by to get my things at some point, but I am thinking about telling him to leave them outside on the steps so I dont have to talk to him or go inside. What if he comes out wanting to talk or just say hi? I am about 92% sure he will manage to patronize me in some way about how I am dealing with things. (IE, tell me i will find someone again and be happy again...I really DONT need to hear that from him, of all people. I am doing FINE on my own).

Tell him to leave the stuff out on the steps or have someone else get them from him and you get it from that other person. If he is outside waiting, simply say Hi and tell him you just want your stuff and want to leave. Don't let him drag you into the conversation. If he refuses to give you the stuff, just walk away and tell him he can throw it away. Dont come back for the things

Archived