Met someone at work

avsman303

Met this nice girl at lunch the other day. She started talking to me first so we did the small talk thing but she seemed interested. I though she was cute and almost thought I should have asked her to sit with me at lunch. We are in different buildings at work and our lunch schedules are not always the same.

So my question is should I just wait and see if I see her again in the lunch room or maybe shoot her a email to see if she would like to meet up down there? I just don't want to sound like that crazy guy. Gezz I hope this didn't sound so junior high Opinions?

Met this nice girl at lunch the other day. She started talking to me first so we did the small talk thing but she seemed interested. I though she was cute and almost thought I should have asked her to sit with me at lunch. We are in different buildings at work and our lunch schedules are not always the same.

So my question is should I just wait and see if I see her again in the lunch room or maybe shoot her a email to see if she would like to meet up down there? I just don't want to sound like that crazy guy. Gezz I hope this didn't sound so junior high Opinions?

Hey boo!

NEVER shoot her an e-mail through the work e-mail address! You really don't know her and some women will take that as harassment and have your behind in HR faster than you can say "That B****!"

It's extremely tricky because you're at work, which has way too many complications should things go wrong. It does help that you're not in the same building. Personally, I'd find out where her cube was, let just a little time go by and then find an excuse to go to that other building and "coincidentally" bump into her and strike up a conversation. This way, you can check her cube to see if she has any BF pix up or pix of her 12 cats. Then if things look OK to you and she seems engaged by you maybe you could ask her if she's doing anything for lunch and take it from there.

But be cool; don't start chasing her around the office. Remember, you're at work and that chick will not pay your bills should you get hauled to HR over her.

Good luck!

^^Not a bad plan at all.

To the OP, the first thing that you (and all you rookies) need to do is to learn to build sexual tension with a prospect.

However, just because she talked to you first does not necessarily mean that she has a spark of intrerest in you. Women learn early in their life to be pleasant, friendly and genial. It is easy for younger males to confuse this with flirty attraction unless you know what to look for to make the distinction.

Women who are interested in getting to "know" you will usually demonstrate common and predictable behaviors which unmistakeably signal their interest in you. It would be in your interest to learn what these are and how to read them - they are frequently subtle and covert.

Now,back to this girl.

Assuming that you really want to date a co-worker, and have considered the risk/reward ratio, then I would suggest that you follow the advice of Brooklyngirl.

Go find her desk and walk past until she sees you. Greet her or chat for a minute and walk on FIRST before she turns back to her work.

And remember to take a mental 'snapshot' of her facial expression when she sees you at her cube. Her initial expression will tell you all you need to know about proceeding to get to know her or not. Look for wide-open eyes and dilated pupils. Oh, and watch your own posture, straight back, broad open chest and slow speech will push the right buttons.

Good hunting, soldier.

Archived