EX is having dumpers remorse....

UGH!!! This is seriously not fair. My exBF who broke things off with me 3 days ago by phone and who signed up to link removed that day, is messaging my sister and telling her that he might have made a big mistake and if I gave him another chance he would want me to move in with him.

I was doing SO WELL. This is killing me. I know that if he was really serious about wanting me back he would be telling ME those things or be on my front porch with roses and a ring....lol. It still kills me and it isn't fair to me. HE broke up with me. I put up with an incredible amount from him in a 1.5 time span and showed him nothing but love and forgiveness. Now that he sees I'm not begging him to stay or dying inside he regrets it.

I feel like throwing up right now.

like you said so yourself, he should be coming to you, not your sister. he wronged YOU, and by talking to his sister he's hoping you'll be interested enough to contact him yourself. that rids him of the responsibility of reconnecting with you himself. he needs to get over himself and come to you if he that's what he really wants. don't act on this.

also, you should know that whatever issue he was having about your relationship was likely not resolved in these past 3 days and so things might just well go back to what they were before. if there was a problem for him, it'll still be there. so you need to clarify just exactly why he broke up with you before you even think about getting back together.

best of luck!!

like you said so yourself, he should be coming to you, not your sister. he wronged YOU, and by talking to his sister he's hoping you'll be interested enough to contact him yourself. that rids him of the responsibility of reconnecting with you himself. he needs to get over himself and come to you if he that's what he really wants. don't act on this.

also, you should know that whatever issue he was having about your relationship was likely not resolved in these past 3 days and so things might just well go back to what they were before. if there was a problem for him, it'll still be there. so you need to clarify just exactly why he broke up with you before you even think about getting back together.

best of luck!!

Thank you. I need to see this to stay strong. He is such a piece of work. The worst part of it is...I still love him. I really do. Even though I KNOW I can't trust him anymore, and most likely he will do this to me again at some point down the road...it's still soo. freaking. hard.

Screw him for putting me through all of this. The guy needs to get some therapy.

you'll be okay. you really will. stay strong, read my post over and over if need be, and realize you can do SO much better. you've got to believe that. you've said you have lost your trust in him. can you imagine the future of a relationship without trust? do you want to partake in that? loving, trusting relationships CAN happen and DO happen and the only thing you need to do in order to find one for you is to not give in to what is easy ("even though i know things could be better, i love him and i don't want to deal with the pain of separating with him. at least there is love...i think") and have faith in yourself to do that which is wiser ("i may still love him now, but i am capable of finding someone else whom i'll love, and most importantly, who'll love ME better and treat me like i deserve to be treated"). see the difference?

i believe it is very hard to grow the remorse and maturity needed to repair and truly commit a relationship from which you've already ran. even more so with such a short lapse of time. chances are he'd do this again if you got back together immediately. i'm not saying never ever get back together because i believe people can change, but don't be hasty about it and do NOT do it until you're in a position where you can trust him because his attitude, posture and actions indicate it is safe to do so.

Archived