I was in a 3 year relationship, he treated me like gold and showed me another world of fun and excitement again after ending a 10year loveless relationship. He promised me and my son a life together. Then all of a sudden things changed. The last year he put no effort but complained about me not talking or making the effort and was slowly starting to lose his feelings for me. We were on and off from last May to Sept. I reached out to him on 3 occassions, we got back together but things were never the same. When we were apart in August he booked a cruise for himself to get away from stress in his business etc. In the meantime we kept seeing each other and he seemed to try again. Late Sept. he went on the cruise by himself and I drove him to the airport in the middle of the night. He called daily how he wished I was there and how he missed me, etc. I couldn't go as I had my mom over from out of town and had an appt. I could not miss. When I picked him up he was so excited to see me and bought me diamond earrings. All was good until 2 weeks later when out of the blue I get another email breaking up and wanting NC for a while, wanted his life back, did want a life with me but changed his mind. He called me twice that week, saying he cares about me but not as a girlfriend anymore. Needless to say I was shocked, hurt and insulted. We had no contact until I did something I will never forget. I still had his house key and decided after 3 months of NC to drop off his key and see how he was doing, not knowing how I feel, as I was still hurt and devisated but curious how he was coping. I noticed there were no strange cars around and his truck was outside with the lights on. I rang the doorbell and he looked shocked a look I have never seen before. I gave him his key and he didn't say anything or invite me in. He said he has company. He then called his new girlfriend to the door to introduce me, she invited me in but he said it was not a good idea, and walked away. I tried to talk to him outside but he wouldn't give me a minute of his time. I then said now I know what all this was all about. I asked how long this has been going on and he said for a while now, which blew my mind. I thought he was licking his wounds as he had many business worries, etc. He said send me an email, I'm not getting into this. I drove home crying and in shock, feeling like a fool. The next day after talking to a friend of his, I discovered this was a girl he met on the cruise from another state, 1,000 miles away. She has been here already 4 times since end of Oct. and most likely here now for

Valentines. It shocks me how someone can be so deceiving. Perhaps he planned this all already and moved on long ago, waiting for something new or better to come along. But to hurt me in such a fashion as to show off his new girlfriend like that was insult to injury. I still can't believe how he moved on so fast. Getting through Christmas/New Years and now Valentines Day is so hard to take, knowing he is with that new person. Wondering how happy they may be, wondering how this long distance relationship will unfold, wondering is this a rebound relationship. I know I must move on as it's obvious he has too. I sent him a nasty email about the shock and betrayal as I needed closure after 3 years. I never received a reply but that doesn't surprise me either, what can he say, when I point out the facts. It's been a long and bumpy road since last March, I can't waste anymore time on it, but it's hard to move on. When you can't stop thinking about it. I hope I start to feel better soon, I have never felt this way before, it's exhausting, confusing and painful.

UGH, I know that feeling all too well. Feels akin to getting kicked in the stomach multiple times or stabbed in the heart. I HATE IT, as I'm sure all of us do.

I'm so sorry you are so hurt. The pain of it ending is bad enough, but that betrayal and deception cannot be easy to deal with. If there is a silver lining though (and there always is, no matter how much you can't see that right now through the fog) it's that he's shown his true colours for the 'man' he really is......you can do so much better and deserve someone who won't deceive you.

I know that's not going to help you right now - but in the long run, once that sinking feeling and pain starts to subside, you will realize it's for the best and that you deserve better.

Archived