She tossed me a curve ball

I'll make this short, I've been dating my gf for 19 months now, and we truly love each other, and we even lost our virginity to each other. We are both 21 years old, and we have had an on/off long distance relationship. By that I mean I would be home for like six months close by to her, then another six months I would be away accross the state about 300 miles away going to school. We have been through a lot, and overcome many obstacles in our relationship. Now two weeks after our 19 months, she said she needed to take a break, because she missed me too much and was having panic attacks. But this is coming 3 weeks before I am coming home for good, I actually graduated and now I will be home for hopefully a long time.

She said she needed a break, and now I'm home right now for doing job interviews, and I haven't seen her yet. She actually broke up with me 3 days before I was coming home. Now she calls me and told me she wants to see me on Monday. What should I do? Why would she act like this, after all we have been though, and the long distance thing will finally be over? She said the long distance thing took a huge toll on her about 5 months ago, and she hated it.

Shouldnt she be happy right now? She acted said she doesn't love me anymore

Why not see her on Monday, to find out what she wants to talk to you about? You're only on a break, rather than a break up, so communication is a good thing. It's possible she will want to break up for good but it's also possible she wants back. Don't live life wondering what if. Just do it.

We actually did break up, but it was over text message. And I think it was just emotions running high, I will see her Monday. She doesn't want to see me for Valentines day, but I was thinking of leaving a box of chocolates on her car while she is at work. Do you think that's a bad idea?

Have you noticed a change in her behavior towards you recently? This is coming from out of nowhere, but what are the chances that 5 months ago her huge "toll" was another guy? I'm no dating expert, but something about wanting to take a break because someone "misses you too much" just doesn't add up.

Well here's what happened. I took her out to dinner yesterday so we can talk, and at first it was like we were still a couple and we were laughing and even made out in my car. Then she said her feelings for me changed, and she is super stressed out and confused about life, and she doesn't want to be in a relationship. She said that, and then she said before I dropped her off that she is going out for coffee with another guy.... * * *

Archived