She e-mailed me last night.

We have been trying our best to not talk to each other lately. It's hard being apart because we both still love each other. Anyway she sent an email last night, basically just telling me exactly how she feels, how sad she's been, how much she misses me.

It's weird, I don't feel nearly as bad as I thought I would after reading it. It made me think about everything she said, she talked about how she misses everything we used to do together, how she misses having me in her life. But I still feel kind of ok. Does that mean I'm starting to move on? Can it really happen this quick? We've only been apart for almost a month.

Everybody deal with breakup differently. There is not set rule you have to be sad for x amount o time. My ex just broke up with me about 2 weeks and I miss her badly (read my post "help asap") but I got out of it. I want to congratulations to you for moving forward.

Why did she break up with you?

And has she made any noises about wanting to get back together?

There is absolutely no getting back together this time. She broke up with me because she just wasn't happy being with me. The main reason is basically because she is 17 and not ready to settle down. I met her when she was 15, started dating her when she was 16, and she will be 18 in a few months. She said she feels like I am all she knows and isn't ready to settle down with one person. I guess I can understand that, she wants to date more. Also she is going away to college soon and we are not interested in a long distance thing.

There are a lot of ups and downs in relationships. You may just be going thru a peaceful "pocket" or a "moment of clarity" I had several of those ( including the day I actually broke it off with him). They were quickly followed by "freakouts" Every healing is different

I'm scared that this might be one of those "pockets". I was in one the second and third week of our breakup, I felt fine then out of no where I lost it and got really sad.

Archived