Not sure whats going on....

sundrop

Hey Everyone,

the guy I had been seeing asked for space a few months ago(Nov), which I have given him other than the occasional,hey, hello chit chat, when we see each other at work (he's one of our delivery guys)

About a month ago, I asked him what's up, he asked for space I gave it to him, and asked him if it was his way of letting me down easy (because I needed to move on) He said absolutly not, he cares about me, but had just ended a 4 yr relationship, 2 months before asking me out. He didnt expect to care for me like he does, but isnt in a good place right now and doesnt want to end up hurting me in the end. He said I dont understand (which I dont) but he talks to his friend everyday about me, trying to figure something out. It was a really good conversation, I told him I understand... SO NC started again, because I have no clue IF or When he may come around, I have to move on...

So, last week I hear that he is no longer going to be our delivery guy. His friend who works here, swore to secrecy that he wouldnt tell me, bacuse my ex wanted to tell me. (I was confused as to why)... So someone else at work had told me, and my ex's friend wasnt at work, so I text me ex to see if ti was true, and he was upset someone else told me because he"wanted to tell me in his own way" I wished him the best, told him I would miss seeing him around and he said he missed me already and still wants to keep in touch, if it's ok with me.... Found out Friday his last day is Monday...

I'm still confused, I guess. I'm not sure which direction I should move in.

I honestly want to see what happens, but dont want to hold onto something that might not be there. Any advise would be great!

This could actually work out better for you in the long run....either way. If he is no longer around at work, could cause him to work through his issues more diligently and come back around to you. If he doesn't, you don't have the torture of having to see him around at work. Trust me, this is a good thing.

learning2relax,

Thanks for the reply and reading my situation.

A friend of mine thought the same thing.

She thought maybe this was a good thing, because he wouldnt be able to get his "fix" with seeing me, (because I do see him about once a week).

It's always polite, since I have no reason to be rude to him, he's always been honest with me, which I appreciate. But we chat about his family, that I met ect, and work stuff. But now he's not going to have that option after Monday. He's not happy that he's loosing our route.

So we will see.

Look around here and see how everyone is working out issues from past relationships. It sounds like this is what he is doing about his past relationship.

It sounds as though you are not taking it personally (you shouldn't), and you are handling it very well. He is doing the right thing for both of you - working these issues out before beginning a relationship with anyone.

Continue to give him all the space he wants. You need not wait for him, though. Keep your eyes open for something else while he is getting his act together.

It sounds as though you are not taking it personally (you shouldn't), and you are handling it very well. He is doing the right thing for both of you - working these issues out before beginning a relationship with anyone.

Thanks for the kind words...

I didnt completely understand the " I need some time" talk when it first happened. I just gave him the time he requested, what else was I to do, other than be a crazy stalker chick... We had great times, he's a great guy. Until I asked him what's going on, I didnt realaize the break was so recent. Then I understood, what was going on...

I have to give him some credit, he has been honest with me and never had to tell me anything, he could have just vanised.

I will keep doing what I'm doing. I guess full NC will come into play here soon, since we dont talk out side of work and I'll eaither move on, our he'll come around.

Just stinks, cause I havent felt like this about someone in a long time. And I really did (still do) like him a lot.

Archived