P90x

Hey y'all. I'm starting P90 X (had to space it out bc apparently when I don't, I made a strange frog smiley thing lol) next week with two of my buddies. I'm not overweight, I just really want to get toned up. I'm quite small, and I'm not very strong at all. I'm only 5'2 and 102 lbs. Do you think I'll be able to do it? I hear it's brutal. Has anyone tried it? I'm a little concerned that it will be too advanced for me, and I'll get discouraged and give up.

Of course you can! That's awesome you have friends that will workout with you, push each other and I'm sure you'll see amazing results.

I'll probably do P9OX after Insanity. They say P9OX and Insanity is about the same level of workout but just different routines, P9OX with more weights while Insanity involves a lot with cardio and core while working out your entire body using only your body weight. My first day with Insanity wasn't pretty, I puked about 15 minutes into the workout.

But it feels awesome, never done a workout that does cardio and full body workout in one session.

lol OMG! So I might puke 15 minutes into it, huh? Sheesh. That's some pretty intensive stuff. It sounds really good though. I've never heard of Insanity. I'll have to google it. And yes, I'm very very lucky that my friends are going to do it with me. It's my ex and his best friend, and the three of us have a class together and are very close friends. My ex is a marine, and we used to workout together when we dated, and that got pretty intense bc it was marine corps workouts, but we didn't stay consistent with it.

I'm banking on the fact that I'll be able to do it because I'm really driven. I just get mad if I can't do something, so then I feel like I have to prove that I can. Like the other day I was at my ex's house, and he said he bet I couldn't do the marine corps (for women) standard for pull ups that they have to do for PT tests. So I jumped my happy ass up on the bar and did it. I'm sooo hoping that P9OX will go the same way.

Thanks to the other posters as well! I'm going to do before and after pics, so if I actually get shredded like it's supposed to make you, I'd be happy to post the results. I'll keep ya posted with how it's going, and maybe y'all will start it too

LOL I noticed on some other post it gives that alien icon so I just used the O.

It's the same company, P9OX, Insanity and few others on link removed website. And yep, that's the same commercial. After each session, I'm usually drenched in sweat and sometimes my legs feel like it's ready to collapse.

Don't worry about doing everything on the video, they'll tell you to go at your own pace and the most important thing is form. The last thing you want to do is hurt yourself or lose proper form with ineffective workout.

Trust me, it may be seem hard but you'll feel absolutely amazing Just have fun and push each other. I'm sure you'll tone up in no time!

I did buy few things like scale, body fat caliper ($5 on eBay) and looking into bulk protein shake since eating five times a day, I'm really starting to get sick of cooking and trying to get quality protein in

I bought it from this seller, it's the same exact caliper that sells for $15~$20. Come on, it's a piece of plastic that's made in China for few cents LOL

link removed

I'm sure you can find weights dirt cheap locally, even at Salvation Army, Craigslist, etc. No point in buying new, it's just weights after all. You could always get the adjustable dumbbells to save space.

I've been doing p90 x for a couple of weeks now. I started a few weeks ago but then gave up but now I've started again and am determined to keep going. I'd say that some of the videos are much harder than others.

For me the plyometrics is definitely the hardest, I get so out of breath that I feel sick and feel like I'm going to faint. Don't give up though, remember there's a pause button. You feel so good about yourself afterwards as well.

There is a few things you need: weights, mat (although I just use a duvet instead), resistance band, & a pull up bar.

I'm also small and not very strong so if I can get through it then you can too! Good luck.

Did you actually buy a pull up bar?! Thats the part I don't like...

yeah you do need one. They're not expensive, I think you can get one in Walmart. All you do is fix it to your doorframe by adjusting the ends. You don't have to actually do pull ups with it (I don't.) You can wrap a resistance band around it instead and use that, which they demonstrate on the video as well.

I'm really annoyed at myself today..this was the first day I've skipped it. There were two reasons really; first of all my muscles were killing me from yesterday, and secondly my family were home and I get self conscious when they walk into the room when I'm doing it I'm still annoyed at myself though..

thanks..I might try and to two tomorrow to make up for it. I have noticed a difference in my body I think. I've been doing it for less than two weeks and I just feel better. I couldn't even do 1 push up when I started and now I can do like 12 haha.

I don't know if I look different. I told my brother I feel more tones and he thought it was hilarious and said I look exactly the same and I'm not miss popeye just because I've done it for a few days lol. I do feel stronger though.. not only that but you just feel so energised and proud of yourself everytime you complete a workout.

thanks..I might try and to two tomorrow to make up for it. I have noticed a difference in my body I think. I've been doing it for less than two weeks and I just feel better. I couldn't even do 1 push up when I started and now I can do like 12 haha.

I don't know if I look different. I told my brother I feel more tones and he thought it was hilarious and said I look exactly the same and I'm not miss popeye just because I've done it for a few days lol. I do feel stronger though.. not only that but you just feel so energised and proud of yourself everytime you complete a workout.

12 from 1 is huge! That's awesome

I'd definitely use the body fat caliper, I noticed one week my weight didn't fluctuate but the fat caliper showed I did lose some fat, so either I gained more muscle or my body was retaining water at the time.

I'm currently on the last two weeks of the program, and it definitely works, especially if you push yourself and follow the eating plan. For visible results, though, you might not notice anything until halfway through the program (I know I didn't), but I've read that P90 X is designed that way.

Keep plugging away until then and it'll be definitely worth the pain!

I'm currently on the last two weeks of the program, and it definitely works, especially if you push yourself and follow the eating plan. For visible results, though, you might not notice anything until halfway through the program (I know I didn't), but I've read that P90 X is designed that way.

Keep plugging away until then and it'll be definitely worth the pain!

thanks, that's just what I needed to hear. I got halfway through one of the dvds today and got fed up and turned it off. I got frustrated because I couldn't keep up with all the push ups. Humph

yeah you do need one. They're not expensive, I think you can get one in Walmart. All you do is fix it to your doorframe by adjusting the ends. You don't have to actually do pull ups with it (I don't.) You can wrap a resistance band around it instead and use that, which they demonstrate on the video as well.

Do you need to screw it to the wall? Or is it pressure mounted?

I might look into it if its so.

Archived