Why don't people just block or deleted their ex?

uncomfynumb

If you are doing NC?

I read so many posts about what people think they should do if an ex contacts them. If you are NC, block their nunmbers you won't have to deal with it. Some email programs will let you block emails from certain people and will automatically delete them for you so you won't even have to read them.

If you don't think you have the self control not to contact them, delete their numbers and email. If you don't think you have the self control not to respond to a text or phone call, block them. It really is that simple.

The way I look at it is if the person really wants to get into contact with you to reconcile, they more than likely know where you to find you. The more effort they are willing to put forth, perhaps the more thought they have actually put into the idea or the more sincere they are. Which leads me to this...

People break up for a reason. There is a problem there and I don't think we should ignore that. If they have issues, they most likely are not going to change over night. Leave them be to let them work on themselves and you work on you. Secondly, a person that dumps you and puts you through all of that emotion, are they even worth having back?

We allow people to treat us the way that they do. People don't grow when we enable them and act like it is ok to treat us with disrespect. Nor do we grow. We learn not to expect much or respect ourselves. So if you have been dumped, don't let that person who dumped you jerk you around. Stand up for yourself and learn and grow from the experience and move onto to be with someone who respects you and is CERTAIN they want to be with you. People that toss relationships away and aren't willing to put forth the effort that it takes to keep them togther do not make good partners. Love yourself first and then you will find someone that is good for you and will give you what you deserve.

AND BLOCK THEM SO THEY CAN'T CONTACT YOU!

Amen! I did that when my ex and I broke it off. We were always going back to one another and it was never healthy. I changed my #'s, blocked them on facebook and myspace, and blocked their email address. I haven't heard from her in months and it's a great feeling. If you really want to do NC, then YOU have to want to do it. It won't do it by itself.

Blocking is petty (unless they are a stalker). I think it best to just delete the emails unread.

why do you think that blocking is petty? It's another avenue for them to contact you and you to contact them. If you're doing NC, then wouldn't you want to get rid of all points of contact?

why do you think that blocking is petty? It's another avenue for them to contact you and you to contact them. If you're doing NC, then wouldn't you want to get rid of all points of contact?

If the rejected email "bounces back" to them, that is petty. Just delete it. No need to block.

Blocking is petty (unless they are a stalker). I think it best to just delete the emails unread.

Its not about pettiness. It is about avoiding set backs. If I got an email from my ex, I am not sure that I could delete the email unread. That would take a ton of self control that I am not sure I have, not at this point anyway. Later on, when I have moved on, it might be different.

There is an old saying "curiosity killed the cat."

Anyway I know there are some people that simply do not want to move on regardless of how much it would benefit them to do so. Or how much it might benefit their ex.

The idea of blocking is not to provoke a response from them, it is for your benefit. Of course if the whole reason of going NC is with the idea of getting them back, then you are doing it for the wrong reasons.

That has been said over and over and over again. I don't think NC is the best way to get someone back if that is what you are trying to do. In that case, I would say LC.

I've blocked my verysoon to be ex wife on facebook when i made a new one with my friends...and vertually everyone associated with her... her family and people she knows...she deleted my old f/book account(but did tell me she did) so i made up a new one....i feel better for it and im meeting my friends again that i ignored in the past!!!! so hopefully things will get better..although i dont go on it as much as i used to...got better things to do...lol!!!

i still have her email address...i wont contact her though..stopped emailing her last week she's not replied!!!

its me from now on!!!!

I still don't see why it's petty. A bounced back email will help them get the point...that you don't want to talk or want anything to do with them.

I agree. I never understood this whole notion of blocking emails and changing phone numbers just so that you get wiped off the planet so to speak. Too much work and too much thought involved. Easier to just go and live your life and if the ex makes meaningless contact, just ignore it.

I agree. I never understood this whole notion of blocking emails and changing phone numbers just so that you get wiped off the planet so to speak. Too much work and too much thought involved. Easier to just go and live your life and if the ex makes meaningless contact, just ignore it.

I agree. It shows much more thought to have blocked someone than to ignore an email. Ignoring shows indifference. Blocking (if it bounces back to them) actually shows you still are struggling.

I have never been "blocked" by someone (that I am aware of). However, I have often been ignored by ex's. The ignoring got their point accross.

I agree with you 100%. Once you find the strength to hold back from responding to the person or not contacting them it gets easier and easier that's when you focus more on yourself and can look at the whole picture from afar and really figure out if it was worth it. It takes time but time is what people need to move on. And it's true you teach others how to treat you everyone is worth so much and nobody should ever feel they're not.

Archived