Meeting with ex's mum for the 1st time tonight... eeekk!!

Hey all,

Just looking for some sound advice on how to act around my ex's mum who I will be seeing for the first time in 18 months....!! I know a loooong time, but for me I know I lost the love of my life and I am healing well now, but it has been a rocky road!

A brief background on my ex, he no longer lives at home and lives with his girlfriend (think they've been together for a year now).... We never kept in touch and I've not seen him for over a year and I've been no contact all this time!

Anyways an event has come up that is happening tonight and I heard his mum will be there in the same room as me, she knows i'm going (through mutual friends)...

So my question is how do I act around her??

I'm still single, haven't met anyone I want to have a relationship with and from time to time I do still think of my ex (naturally as most of us do)

Thanks!

Just be cool. Why did you guys broke up for? And why haven't you guys spoken or saw each other in so long?

The reason why we haven't spoke in so long is because after we he broke up with me, I wanted to 'remain friends' unaware of the consequences which of course ending up leading to 'ex-sex' which seemed to mean nothing to him at the time, whilst I was still hoping to reconcile.... I felt used after that and told him I needed to break away for good to get over him and asked to never contact me again.

To this day, he hasn't! **big sigh** I have deeply regretted it ever since, but learn't that things really do happen for a reason!

Bizarrely my ex's mum came straight over to hug me! Told me I looked really well and looked like I had lost weight ((big smile on my face then she went on to talk about my ex without me even mentioning him!!! Telling me he's recently split up from his girlfriend and is living back at home, has had a promotion at work and got himself a new car! I was stunned to say the least but didn't react or express anything that may have suggested I miss him or still love him so am very proud of myself!

She even asked someone to take a photo of the two of us!!!

Any thoughts on this?!?

[...] I was stunned to say the least but didn't react or express anything that may have suggested I miss him or still love him so am very proud of myself!

She even asked someone to take a photo of the two of us!!!

Any thoughts on this?!?

Good for YOU! She sounds like a lovely woman, and she likely legitimately misses you.

I'd enjoy your triumph for a while, then put it in your pocket and forget about it. If her mention of your stunning appearance, warmth and composure will have any influence on ex, it could take some time for such a seed to grow into any action from him. I'd switch away from hoping for that--it's out of your hands, but if it happens you'll be the first to know.

Head high--you deserve it.

Archived