need advice asap!!!!

syxx87

Some of you know my story and for those who dont, you can just look at my last thread for the quick recap.

My ex has called me twice in the last thirty minutes and just sent me a text saying "Please call me when you get a chance. I really need to talk to someone. If you cant I understand". Do I call her back or just ignore it? I know its' likely not about reconciling at all. I dont know if something is truly wrong or she just needs someone to be her emotional crutch for something. What should I do?

bugger!

it could be a trap to get you to break nc yet the more compassionate side of me says call her, but with your guard up

if its an emotional crutch shes after you will know in the first few minutes, and only you can decide whether you can remain on the phone line...

Some of you know my story and for those who dont, you can just look at my last thread for the quick recap.

My ex has called me twice in the last thirty minutes and just sent me a text saying "Please call me when you get a chance. I really need to talk to someone. If you cant I understand". Do I call her back or just ignore it? I know its' likely not about reconciling at all. I dont know if something is truly wrong or she just needs someone to be her emotional crutch for something. What should I do?

Here is your answer: "I really need to talk to someone" This rules out any possiblity of reconciliation or that something horrible has happened. Your guess about her wanting an emotional crutch is right. Had she wanted reconciliation she would have said "I really need to talk to YOU" I would ignore. She dumped you and now she's being hysterical and needs support?

dude from what i've read she's using you as an emotional pillow, if i would just ask her what its about and if the subject is anything other than your relationship tell her sorry not interested. Slightly harsh but you get the point??? At times like this you need to look after your self!!!!

The fact that she states " I really need to talk to someone" indicates that its not your shoulder she needs its anyone that is willing to listen and also "If you cant i understand", She is calling to vent at someone she feels comfortable with, she is using you as an emotional bouncing board... not fair and she knows it.

I would text and say as much as i would like to be there for you, im sorry but i cannot talk you through your issues when you clearly dont respect the boundaries or have any concern for me having to run an emotional gauntlet .

Archived