Sick pup

FrankenBeans

You should take her to the vet, it could be anything. Since she doesn't want to eat and if she's not drinking she will get dehydrated. If my dogs get diarrhea I also feed them chicken with rice and that helps, but since she's not eating....that wont help.

if a dog is suffering from bad diahrrhea, i'm not sure it's a good idea to go back to their normal food right away. i would really take her into the vet, or if nothing else, at least call the vet's office and see what they say.

it would probably be better to give your dog a bland diet (such as some white rice, plain yogurt or cottage cheese) rather than chicken or dog food. something to help their stomach calm down. i would not give human medication to animals. not at all. because our systems are so different, and things that are fine for a human are toxic to a dog.

please call a vet.

I just gave her a a couple tablespoons of wet dog food, just to kind of get something in her tummy. She ate it and she seems fine. I'm going to keep an eye on her though. I've checked on the Pepto thing with a vet and was told that that's safe to give. I wouldn't give anything human to her that I wouldn't check on beforehand.

did the doctor suggest what kind of food to give her? i still think that giving some bland foods such as white rice or cottage cheese would be helpful to the dog. afterall, even when humans have diahrrea or other stomach problems, we don't go right back to our normal diet. anyways, people shouldn't. you eat food that is easier on the stomach.

You need to put her on a bland diet of boiled chicken and rice until this clears up.

And you need to have her checked at the vet including a stool sample, because she may have some kind of parasite causing the diarrhea that needs medication.

Dogs are also susceptible to pancreatitis which can be dangerous, so you really need to take her to the vet for any diarrhea lasting more than a day so she can get the proper treatment/medication.

Archived