Guys: Do You Like Sassy or Sweet?

WomanWriter

Guys: Do you prefer a woman who is sweet or sassy?

My guy often tells me I'm "so sweet." I guess I am, for the most part. I am more likely to be affectionate and warm than sassy and saucy.

But a couple times I have been tired and in a playful mood and ended up biting his neck (and ear), teasing him, and saying semi-sarcastic things to him. He seemed turned on and said "Oooh...sassy....I like."

This makes me think I am probably not "sassy" enough in general. With my ex fiancee, I was rarely "sassy" at all, in fact. I can't help but wonder if I felt more like a "friend" than a sexy lover to my ex because I was "so sweet."

Do you think being sweet puts you in the friend zone? Just how sassy does one have to be? Isn't being sassy sexy but also not very conducive to a close friendship? I'm wondering.

Another question...I am surprising my boyfriend tonight for Valentine's Day. I am giving him a mixed CD, stuffed animal (that matches his bed), and some non-sugary snacks with our picture on them. I know that's a bit cheesy, but he's pretty cheesy and also romantic.

My question is: Should I wear my "babydoll" dress with sandals? He hasn't seen it yet but he's seen my sandals and thinks they are cute. Do you think the whole "cute/sweet" thing will dampen the mood or intensify it? We aren't going to have sex, but I don't want him to just think "awww...how adorable."

How can I make it more "spicy?"

Healthy mix of both. I'm attracted to sweet, always have been but when you hit the bedroom sassy works well. Also when a *sweetie* occasionally goes sassy (outside of the bedroom) it's always good - dressing up when you go out etc.. Unfortunately my ex went sassy on me one day when I got home from work, she was in bed wearing some pretty wild stuff but I had a bad day and felt about as erotic as cabbage. She made the effort and I put her down, probably another catalyst in her leaving me but you have to understand guys are not just erection devices.

Being able to pull off spicy when normally 'sweet' is really just confidence. You can do it.

All of the above my opinion only, not looking for a debate or a put down.

Can't we be both? I think it's just being who you are - genuine. Let your wild and fun side come out (we all have one) when appropriate, and let your sweet side be there too. Nothing wrong with that!

Asking guys in general what they like is a sure fire way to get a mixed response and get all confused....just do what comes natural to you, and let yourself be whoever in the moment.

I personally think that is sexy...man or woman...a nice full bodies personality, not strictly stuck in thinking of oneself or being one way all the time.

Your outfit sounds cute and could be really sexy; cute can be sexy sometimes, depends how you work it and how you are feeling. You could also add to the outfit with little saucy bits if you wanted.....but really my point is - let the inhibitions go and that is hot, doesn't matter who you are, that's my opinion anyways. !!

I like a woman who is sweet and kind but knows how to turn on the heat when it's just us together. You can be a nice person (and IMO should be) but still be a firecracker behind closed doors.

Do you think being sweet puts you in the friend zone?

I think being sweet is conducive to establishing and/or strengthening essential friendship bonds, but I don't think that makes you less sexy necessarily.

Just how sassy does one have to be? Isn't being sassy sexy but also not very conducive to a close friendship? I'm wondering.

I don't think being sassy is a bad thing at all or "anti-friendship" so long as he's in on the joke and knows you're showing the wryer, rougher, potentially sexier (not necessarily) side of yourself.

stuffed animal (that matches his bed)

How cuuuuuuuuuuute...

Give it to him this year, but next year try for something a little less emasculating and maybe something a little more "you and him" based...maybe something that gets him going or thinking about you or that you can use right then and there, either to get something going or enhance the mood for later.

How can I make it more "spicy?"

Since you're not going to have sex on Valentine's, about all you could do is wear provocative clothing or go with what you were planning on wearing and act provocatively/aggressive with him. Maybe do things you know turn him on, give him certain looks, etc. If you make him want what he can't have at the moment he's going to love the sweetness because it represents who you are most of the time but he'll be concentrating on the next time he can get at your wild side.

Thanks...these are helpful. I put on some heavier makeup than usual and threw on my tight jean jacket (it's form fitting and only has one button so it's dressy and works with the dress). It does give it a more "bad girl" appeal. I also put on hoop earrings and put my hair down and curled it.

I think I get the picture. I can keep being myself (mostly sweet) but go after what I want and tease him a bit. I can do that. I just get a little shy at times. But if I take a chance, I can do it.

As for the stuffed animal...I'll keep that in mind. I wasn't going to get him one, but I can tell him it's something to hold onto when I'm not around, since I will be out of town next weekend anyhow : )

Thanks...these are helpful. I put on some heavier makeup than usual and threw on my tight jean jacket (it's form fitting and only has one button so it's dressy and works with the dress). It does give it a more "bad girl" appeal. I also put on hoop earrings and put my hair down and curled it.

I don't know what you look like, but it sounds out of the ordinary and fun so it may indeed lend itself more toward projecting an outgoing, sassy, yet still cute/sweet image.

I think I get the picture. I can keep being myself (mostly sweet) but go after what I want and tease him a bit. I can do that. I just get a little shy at times. But if I take a chance, I can do it.

He wants to feel wanted too (if he's like any other guy I know). If he feels you're after him like fire on wood, I'm sure he'll respond in kind.

As for the stuffed animal...I'll keep that in mind. I wasn't going to get him one, but I can tell him it's something to hold onto when I'm not around, since I will be out of town next weekend anyhow : )

I hesitated to criticize the animal, but I felt I had to for your future reference if you're trying to change your perceived image. For tonight he's probably going to think you're very sweet and cute with the gifts you described, but you can counterbalance that with your actions outside the gift-giving.

try for something a little less emasculating and maybe something a little more "you and him" based

Personally am not into gifts that involve "me and you together, forever" kinds of sentimentality. Pictures together have never done much for me. Ditto for jewelry with my SO's initials on them, etc. But that's just me, and a highly individual thing. Some guys eat that up sideways, and maybe that's just the thing for yours.

I don't think what you wear is as critical as how you ACT. Sweetness or sassiness is not in the clothing so much as the things you say, the way you look at him, your humor, the provocative little gestures, etc.

Just the look in your eye can be more spicey/sassy/sweet, depending.

Making fun of him in a very playful, light-hearted way (nothing that would hurt his feelings!) can make it more sassy...as well as doing little things like tossling his hair, massaging his shoulders, playing with his fingers and stroking him with your feet (especially his upper thighs, if you're semi-reclining.)

I like having both sides to me, as IAG said...I've even been guilty of being sweet and sassy at the very same time!

Personally am not into gifts that involve "me and you together, forever" kinds of sentimentality. Pictures together have never done much for me. Ditto for jewelry with my SO's initials on them, etc. But that's just me, and a highly individual thing. Some guys eat that up sideways, and maybe that's just the thing for yours.

Oh, you misunderstand I think where I was going with that. I apologize for being vague! I meant she should give him something that will get him excited for the next time they're together privately, if you catch my drift. Balancing the sweet with the naughty can be a great way to do something nice and cute but still let him know you've got some fire in you.

I don't think what you wear is as critical as how you ACT. Sweetness or sassiness is not in the clothing so much as the things you say, the way you look at him, your humor, the provocative little gestures, etc.

Just the look in your eye can be more spicey or sassy, depending.

Yes, absolutely. If he thinks you have a renewed and fiery interest in him, or even if you just show a little attitude in a playful way, that can be very intriguing and enticing for him.

Making fun of him in a very playful, light-hearted way (nothing that would hurt his feelings!) can make it more sassy...as well as doing little things like tossling his hair, massaging his shoulders, playing with his fingers and stroking him with your feet (especially his upper thighs, if you're semi-reclining.)

Try doing a few of these or things you know turn him on. Don't go so far as to frustrate him (since you said you're not having sex tonight), but put the idea in his mind early on and he'll be thinking about it all night.

I love the outfit you described, the curls the earrings the denim jacket! I also think buying these girly presents is quite sexy.

Overall it depends on the guy and how he is. Usually sensitive guys like the more sweet girls, extreme/crazy guys can like more dramatic girls, aggressive corrupted businessmen may prefer the sassy look. Really depends.

Well it sure worked out well! Maybe too well...lol. Things got hot and heavy and we almost broke our commitment to no sex (we want to wait this time around). He was all over me and I felt very, very loved. And just for the record--take note ladies (and guys)-- he didn't seem gung ho about the stuffed animal but he liked it. He did think the photos of us on the snacks were awesome and he even got teary eyed and laughed. He loved the romantic CDs too. As for me, he cooked me dinner, gave me baby roses, and wrote me the sweetet love letter ever.

Archived