What is this manscaping stuff, and do I need to care?

mfan

I'm a virgin and haven't done sexual things for a long time. I have never altered my hair around my pe... geni... um, "what not". It's not over-hairy, just normal hairiness for a 33-year old. I didn't even know men did "manscaping" until recently. If I meet a girl and want to have se... int... ..um, "what not", is it important that I do that?

(Sorry for the Hank Hill impressions)

I probably would not be receiving oral sex because I don't find that as interesting or enjoyable as giving oral sex. If not receiving blow jobs, does a man need to "manscape"?

Where can I find out more about this subject, e.g. before and after pictures of what it should look like? Thanks very much, I tell you what.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

my boyfriend doesn't "manscape" and while i'd be curious to see what his "what not" would look like with a bit of grooming, i go down on him all the same. it's not always a dealbreaker. although...my boyfriend and i are quite close and these things tend not to be a big issue in our relationship. i think to be on the safe side, you def should take a look into doing SOMETHING down there. sorry i can't help with pictures or anything, just my take!

How so?

Well, I'm kinda lazy so if it became the "norm" for guys to do this scaping, then I'd have to do it too (or feel lazy/bad/guilty) if I didn't.

I guess it's sort of along the same lines as many women cursing the girls who started the "trend" of leg shaving and arm pit shaving etc.

Trim it a bit, no-one (well, very few) likes a jungle But the completely shaven look is a bit... weird, imo. And also if its longer the act of sex is more likely to rip out some hairs, which will be uncomfortable for you, and fishing random pubes out of your vagina post-sex isn't too romantic!

It's the same principle as a beard (I trim, but only a little, see beard one).

Good Beard, Manly:

image removed

Bad Beard, Wild (unless you're into that sort of thing):

image removed

Beard-nouveau, very trimmed:

image removed

I've shaved, but that was because I got bored in the shower on time. My gf at the time didn't have much of an opinion either way.

I might get a Back/Sack/Crack wax sometime to see how it is (minus the back, it'd be a waste of time lol.

I like it completely shaved. If I shave mine, he should shave his.

It wouldn't stop me from having sex with someone that I liked and was in a relationship with, but down the line I might suggest it to my partner. If he was down, cool. If not, I'd probably just deal with it. However, even short hair sheds and there is nothing more annoying than getting a pubic hair stuck in your throat.

I do believe this is the first time I have heard a man talk about DOING this.

I'm a woman and the thought of a Brazilian wax makes me winch with pain... ouch.

It doesn't hurt too bad.. It's like getting your skin slapped, and the first time I got waxed down there I got a brazilian even everyone said I should get a basic bikini wax my first time.

Archived