*Please read this thread*

Lastchallenge

Help me! Today is her b day what can I do that is special to her... Any ideas that can help me! Please! I know she can reject me and I'm willing to risk that because she thinks I'm gonna do the usuall thing something predictable but I need some help... Please help Me

I was thinking of dressing up as a clown with a wig and get her a small cake just to show her something different..

nah id pass on the clown thing...lol

if youre split grand gestures never come accross they way they were intended so something simple, yet poignoint(sp?) seems to be the best bet

even jus a card, with a simple message "thinkin of you on your birthday, hope it makes you smile that smile of yours.... love-"

Just send her a simple Happy Bday text then.

I wouldnt spend time trying to plan something for someone who doesnt want to be with me. And whats worse, what if you show up somewhere with a cute gesture and she is out with another guy? Or all her friends? or not home?

A simple text should be sufficient....lets her know you are thinking of her.

It doesn't necessarily have to be an expensive gift, to be meaningful.

Are there things that she likes? Certain cds that she would want. Even simply going by her house - flowers and chocolate on hand and telling her that if she's available - you have the day planned for her.

Take her to do something you've never done before. Not sure if you have, but just off the top of my head - bowling, shoot pool, ice skating, watching some scenary, museum and the works along with a nice dinner would be a great gesture.

You have to mix it up a bit, and show her that you can be spontaneous if need be.

Talked to her sis yesterday and she didn't want to do anything for her b day so I'm assuming she's gonna be home her sis said so ... A cd I guess is a good idea and I could get a card and some candy... She said she's done but I don't want to walk away knowing we can give it a chance and make it work we are married and I do love her

It doesn't necessarily have to be an expensive gift, to be meaningful.

Are there things that she likes? Certain cds that she would want. Even simply going by her house - flowers and chocolate on hand and telling her that if she's available - you have the day planned for her.

Take her to do something you've never done before. Not sure if you have, but just off the top of my head - bowling, shoot pool, ice skating, watching some scenary, museum and the works along with a nice dinner would be a great gesture.

You have to mix it up a bit, and show her that you can be spontaneous if need be.

Cook her a meal? This would be a small gesture that does not go too far, but does show some initiative.

How long have you been broken up? Was it a bad or amicable split? Is there still a chance in her mind that you will get back together? How often are you in contact now?

Cook her a meal? This would be a small gesture that does not go too far, but does show some initiative.

How long have you been broken up? Was it a bad or amicable split? Is there still a chance in her mind that you will get back together? How often are you in contact now?

I actually thought of cooking her a meal too, but not sure if he has a whole lot of time to plan that out, as her birthday is today.

However, if you're a good cook, then do so. It's thoughtful.

Maybe a simple and thoughtful card would be ok, but honestly - after reading your previous posts, any symbolism relating to an event like a birthday isn't going to be a deciding factor or turning point in the grand scheme of things. Just be realistic about your intentions here (and expectations). I could say the same for everyone stressing about this Valentine's business.

Besides... some people find clowns to be really creepy in the first place.

If you cannot cook then cooking for her would be a Great gesture.

If you can't cook, that suggests to me that you never cooked for her. That also suggests that she did all the cooking. Cooking for her now would be a nice gesture that she would appreciate (since you never did before) that is not too overboard. Right now quickly find some recipe of something that you can do that you know she will like. A lot of recipes are easy because you just have to follow the directions.

If she is an ex then definitely NO to the clown idea...I am reminded of the song by Smokey Robinson...Tears of a Clown

Oh yeah yeah yeah

Now if there's a smile on my face

It's only there trying to fool the public

But when it comes down to fooling you

Now honey that's quite a different subject

But don't let my glad expression

Give you the wrong impression

Really I'm sad, oh I'm sadder than sad

You're gone and I'm hurtin' so bad

Like a clown I pretend to be glad

Now there's some sad things known to man

But ain't too much sadder than

The tears of a clown, when there's no one around

Uh hum, oh yeah baby

Now if I appear to be carefree

It's only to camouflage my sadness

And honey to shield my pride I try

To cover this hurt with a show of gladness

But don't let my show convince you

That I've been happy since you

Decided to go, oh I need you so

I'm hurt and I want you to know

But for others I put on a show, ooh yeah

{repeat CHORUS}

Just like Pagliacci did

I try to keep my surface hid

Smiling in the public eye

But in my lonely room I cry

The tears of a clown

When there's no one around, oh yeah, baby baby

Now if there's a smile on my face

Don't let my glad expression

Give you the wrong impression

Don't let this smile I wear

Make you think that I don't care

When really I'm sad Im hurting so bad

A simple happy birthday message should suffice.

LoL @ Hobbes

Me too. That is the ONLY scary movie that ever actually scared me as a kid.

To be completely honest the clown idea is ridiculous. Imagine if she rejects you and you're standing there dressed up like a clown, perhaps floppy shoes, big red nose, holding a rubber chicken ... ouch. "Is this what my life has come to?"

Seriously, she broke up with you, so don't go overboard. If you really want to do something give a card or just a text saying happy birthday. It sucks, but it's not your place to do that kind of stuff for her anymore.

Archived